Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 20th White Rain/Slush Event Discussion and Obs

yoda

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accumulation wise this is looking similar to the storm in late March 2003. BWI recorded something like 2.6 or 2.8. Far NW burbs got 3-6.

How much did Reisterstown get? I remember it being a cartopper in Lutherville which made me surprised that BWI got 2.6"

How much did Reisterstown get? I remember it being a cartopper in Lutherville which made me surprised that BWI got 2.6"

I got maybe 2 inches of slop in Reistertown. The measurement at BWI was a little suspicious. I was up in Westminster that day during the height of the storm and it was a totally different scene there compared to Reistestown. When I left Westminster there was easily 4 inches and it was still snowing good.

12z RGEM gets precip in here much faster... QPF in DCA just after 1/2am it would seem... looks decent for Friday morning... will have meteogram in a few

:lmao:

10mm (which is 0.4" QPF) snow at DCA through 12z and still snowing after -- http://meteocentre.com/models/get_mgram.php?stn=Washington&mod=gemreg&run=12&var=prcp〈=en&map=us

In all seriousness..what do we do if the GFS comes in snowy?  We're playing it cool "mitigating Mid/late March stuff" now, but....

I'm having a hard time getting genuinely excited because I know the most likely outcome is snow on grass that'll melt as soon as the precip stops...but even so, I'd be delighted with it. 

In all seriousness..what do we do if the GFS comes in snowy?  We're playing it cool "mitigating Mid/late March stuff" now, but....

I'm having a hard time getting genuinely excited because I know the most likely outcome is snow on grass that'll melt as soon as the precip stops...but even so, I'd be delighted with it. 

Not if it comes in before daybreak

The air mass isn't nearly as good as last March so that might cut down on totals a bit....I'm not sure the burbs will be 28-29 and ripping

I'm not at my computer now to confirm, but I bet the snowier models will be showing the preceding air mass as very dry...that's the only way to get the cold temps

Archived