Newest Member
    Toothache
March 20th White Rain/Slush Event Discussion and Obs

yoda

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

making a run for #1 storm all time for DC in late March would be epic 

also Matt Rogers would verify on his 40" for DC call. 

The ingredients for a real storm have been there for days. I'm not really sold on the squashed idea. GEM is obviously on crack but it wouldn't shock me much if something organized starts showing up with more consistency over the next few days. Still a low prob event until it becomes high prob. lol

I dunno.. probably not. My girlfriend has been bugging me to go somewhere not chasing involved for like 3 years. I doubt she'd be excited to cut it short to see snow.

that kind of storm...you dump her and leave her in new Orleans

The ingredients for a real storm have been there for days. I'm not really sold on the squashed idea. GEM is obviously on crack but it wouldn't shock me much if something organized starts showing up with more consistency over the next few days. Still a low prob event until it becomes high prob. lol

We might have a good storm but a storm like that? lol. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say no chance this run verifies. 

that kind of storm...you dump her and leave her in new Orleans

Maybe snow on Friday will cancel my flight and we will have to stay here. I'm all nervous about missing a HECS now. :<

March 25 is the new December 5

We might have a good storm but a storm like that? lol. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say no chance this run verifies. 

Ha, definitely not a storm like that. A solid late march elevation storm with enough scraps for us to call it a snowstorm seems like the most probable event if something even happens at all. Or we continue the heater and get pasted with a 4-8/6-10 kind of deal that goes down in the books as one of the biggest late march storms.

If anything happens I'm rooting for enough confluence to keep it entirely intimate to the MA.  

What kind of storm is it anyway? (tropical tidbits is running slow)

Coastal? Or an inverted trough like March 1942?

a slider that becomes snowmageddon.. 1" liquid in 6 hrs ending 12z. might stick. 

What kind of storm is it anyway? (tropical tidbits is running slow)

Coastal? Or an inverted trough like March 1942?

Stream phase. Looks like 1 southern and 2 northern vorts all spin up together and h5 closes off just off the delmarva. Massive 50/50 keeping it all in line and slow enough. 

post-2035-0-87897500-1426699841_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-82317600-1426699910_thumb.jp

It has to be posted. This includes the 3-4 on Fri but still. I'll take the severe under. 

attachicon.giflolzilol.JPG

For half a second I though that was depicting temperature (in degrees F) instead.  My mind simply could not grasp snow accumulations of that magnitude.  Had to look twice...totally LOL-tasitc, but would be great of course!

"And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Most Absurd Snow Map Oscar for the 2014-15 winter season goes to ..." (drum roll, please) "...the GGEM, for its depiction of Snowmageddon in late March!"

Bob, you've got to save that image for posterity...seriously!

I dunno.. probably not. My girlfriend has been bugging me to go somewhere not chasing involved for like 3 years. I doubt she'd be excited to cut it short to see snow.

I was in New Orleans just prior to the bust of March '13 and flew back early for nothing.. sack up!

Archived