Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 20th White Rain/Slush Event Discussion and Obs

yoda

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks that the Euro is now an hour later.  I hope the March sun doesn't impact what the model shows us in about 90 minutes

If they hadn't moved daylight savings time up a few weeks, we'd be in a much better situation.  Thanks Obama.  

Sucks that the Euro is now an hour later.  I hope the March sun doesn't impact what the model shows us in about 90 minutes

If they hadn't moved daylight savings time up a few weeks, we'd be in a much better situation.  Thanks Obama.  

This is precisely why we need a "like" button

Winds are out of the ESE the entire time. Don't like to he setup, but we may still pull off 2-4 before the changeover.

Models have done well @ short leads with unconventional snow this year. Were even too warm with the ice event. Seems to be some decent consensus with temps right around or slightly above freezing with a column that supports snow and precip in the .2-.4 range. UHI areas will suffer the typical disadvantage but still accumulate and measure unless the wheels fall off. Northern tier will have their typical advantage. My yard will be in between so I think 1" seems likely with 2" in reach. It will probably take .30+ precip to get to 2 inches. 

Well damn

I never have much confidence in the GEM. GFS was a warning shot with the mid levels but who knows if it's precip depiction is correct. RGEM says more/earlier which is good. 

I think setting a 1-2" bar through the corridor is a fair shake from what I'm seeing. I haven't put my analyzing cap on until today. I did look at the overnight runs this morning. There really isn't that much spread between the models but surface and time of the flip mean a lot so little wobbles there can have a big impact. Northern tier is looking good right now. 

be real, you'd probably fly back if that was in the offing, right?

I dunno.. probably not. My girlfriend has been bugging me to go somewhere not chasing involved for like 3 years. I doubt she'd be excited to cut it short to see snow.

Archived