Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 20th White Rain/Slush Event Discussion and Obs

yoda

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bust potential on a scale from 1 to 10 is about an 11......I just hope it is snowing before we go to bed....cause I aint staying up....

Yeah even in the city it could swing pretty strongly depending on when it starts. We're not big starters usually... but GFS also in with consensus now so eh.

It doesn't matter...It only busted on the warm nose by 2 degrees C from 12 hours out....whatever...people like the NAM, they like the NAM..Who am I to argue...

It could have been right.

Bob has been conspicuously absent. He must be polishing his ruler.

Ha! More like bending it and preparing for a world class slantsticking.

Guidance is basically coming in the same with slight differences. 1-2 for the corridor with more upside than downside. Not much to comment on. Watching the wizards is more interesting. Good game tonight.

I've realized it doesn't matter what it shows in any event...It could show 75 degrees and it is 18 and snow and People are going to use it....

Well to be fair that run was an outlier among its own runs even if it wasn't the overall leader. When it closely aligns to the general idea from other modeling it might not necessarily hurt to consider its strengths and it does have a few at least sometimes. On the list of reasons I consider the NAM its forecasting prowess with northeast snow events falls fairly low.

Ha! More like bending it and preparing for a world class slantsticking.

Guidance is basically coming in the same with slight differences. 1-2 for the corridor with more upside than downside. Not much to comment on. Watching the wizards is more interesting. Good game tonight.

They have more turnovers than Bill Clinton's girlfriends.

Well to be fair that run was an outlier among its own runs even if it wasn't the overall leader. When it closely aligns to the general idea from other modeling it might not necessarily hurt to consider its strengths and it does have a few at least sometimes. On the list of reasons I consider the NAM its forecasting prowess with northeast snow events falls fairly low.

To me, I'd say the more overall qpf, the worse it gets. Anything <1" liquid should be doable :P

Archived