joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20th White Rain/Slush Event Discussion and Obs

yoda

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baro is good but would like it to hold around 30.35 and not go up or down much. Evap is going to be like 50% of the spread from dew vs temp so that will help. The ground is still likely colder than average for right now so with it at night it will accumulate. This looks good form what I just described, 2 to possibly 4" for around and outside Beltway, 1-2" at the Washington Monument and the usual trace at DCA.

Baro is good but would like it to hold around 30.35 and not go up or down much. Evap is going to be like 50% of the spread from dew vs temp so that will help. The ground is still likely colder than average for right now so with it at night it will accumulate. This looks good form what I just described, 2 to possibly 4" for around and outside Beltway, 1-2" at the Washington Monument and the usual trace at DCA.

I predict 0.1" at DCA.  C'mon, everyone knows the Potomac River is such a huge heat reservoir - it stores more heat than all the oceans combined.  And don't forget UHI - they've got more concrete than Tokyo!  :lmao:

I'll take the under for most folks not in the Winchester-Mt das-Westminster-Mt Parkton corridor.  

I said sometime yesterday that my yard looked good for 1-2" with more upside than downside. That's where my head is at unless things keep juicing up and cooling down today. I watched my temps yesterday evening and I dropped from 46 to the low 30's pretty quickly. If my yard is still in the upper 30's when I go to bed tonight then there's an obvious big flag. 

I said sometime yesterday that my yard looked good for 1-2" with more upside than downside. That's where my head is at unless things keep juicing up and cooling down today. I watched my temps yesterday evening and I dropped from 46 to the low 30's pretty quickly. If my yard is still in the upper 30's when I go to bed tonight then there's an obvious big flag. 

I think ~2" is the over/under mark for you and I.  Probably 1" in DC proper.  0.1" for a little portion of northern Virginia along the Potomac where big shiny metal things land.  

going to bed at 7:30pm dosent count

Archived