joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20th White Rain/Slush Event Discussion and Obs

yoda

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing bad about the gfs/ukie is they are quick with warming the midlevels. Qpf is good. Even a blend of best and worst right now is pretty good.

The only thing bad about the gfs/ukie is they are quick with warming the midlevels. Qpf is good. Even a blend of best and worst right now is pretty good.

Go Terps !! Grass coverage is my bar. 1"- 2" tops ?

I think we're looking pretty decent for 2" with upside if it snows hard after 8am. A lull in the mid-late morning will halt stickage instantly even if it turns back on. Gotta stay in front of melting.

Yeah, I'll have my snowboard out. Might need to measure every half hour. But if it comes in hard and heavy before dawn

we're looking good for 2"+.

I think we're looking pretty decent for 2" with upside if it snows hard after 8am. A lull in the mid-late morning will halt stickage instantly even if it turns back on. Gotta stay in front of melting.

Works for me.  Three straight years with >~2" in late March is pretty amazing (on or after the first day of spring).

I hope next year, we get a real storm. Seems like we keep having these cookie cutter events. Looks like big time Nino next year

The only thing I would change from this year is to move the snowfall earlier in the season.  Snow was great this year but it was annoying having to wait that long to get it.

I love the looks of this, even if overdone. Good to see the Euro make this move close to gametime. 

In FDK for this one north of town, so liking my chances at 3-5" of paste. 

ecmwf_tsnow_harrisburg_6.png

If you can, take a short drive out I-70 to South Mountain just minutes from there.  I drove there one day last early February when I had rain in Germantown, saw 2" of snow in Frederick, and like 5-6" up there.  Nice areas to park and walk around too.

The only thing I would change from this year is to move the snowfall earlier in the season.  Snow was great this year but it was annoying having to wait that long to get it.

psu I wish the same thing - that everything happened a month earlier and we're sitting at February 19 right now.  Oh and can you imagine if we had a -NAO to go with the crazy -EPO?

Archived