joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walking out today, it just hit me how truly sick and tired I am of this utterly useless cold.

This is quickly overtaking March 2006 for the most meteorologically, miserably abysmal March of my life.

Man, many of us have done nothing but pay for that three weeks.

This just blows diseased rats.

that was a great day, lol I was in awe

He said glacial bumps.

Man, that whole conversation there had so much innuendo in it that I could have sworn it was going to get ugly.

Used to be huge skier. Whistler, lake Placid, Breckenridge, Copper, Keystone, all the VT resorts. Stopped when kids came

My 11 yr old is going for her first time ever on Saturday with her friend to Butternut

You should definitely join us one of these times. ...it's like riding a bike. I didn't ski from 10th grade until I was like 34. It really didn't take me long to get back into it and technology caught up with the equipment so it's even easier than it used to be. (No more 210cm straight skis, new skis turn on a dime with the sidecuts).

With really young kids I get why you stopped. But now that they're older, they'll have a blast especially if they love winter weather like you do. It's a really fun family activity (unless your like my wife who isn't a good student for me and rips up her acl/mcl. ...but that's another story altogether.).

All of that being said, ginx I know you're headed up to SR soon. I've only taken 3 runs this season, definitely a waste of a pass. While I doubt my ankle would allow me to ski for a whole day, I'd love to get some turns in with you guys. Anybody down for a late-season berkshire east gtg?

Cape Breton is actually an island itself that's not attatched to Nova Scotia which is on the Northeast end of Nova Scotia itself.  They are having a banner year for sure...that's amazing.  There is a fella on the other weather forum that is from Cape Breton.  They get alot of Rain there in other winters...not this year.

Cape Breton is actually an island itself that's not attatched to Nova Scotia which is on the Northeast end of Nova Scotia itself.  They are having a banner year for sure...that's amazing.  There is a fella on the other weather forum that is from Cape Breton.  They get alot of Rain there in other winters...not this year.

Crushed

Around -5 at my place this morning. 

Another storm, another miss (until next Wed-Thurs when we get a significant...rain, according to gfs.)  This winter has featured two exemplary stroms here, Nov 26-27 and Jan 27-28, and as long a stretch of near-continuous cold as I can remember, but not much else except "might have beens."  For the 80 days beginning Dec 30 and thru yesterday, I've averaged 7.9F below my 17-year "normals."  Of course, the three weeks prior to that run were the grinchiest ever, averaging +8.9 with 5" of rain.  The latter half of the cold period has dried out, with less than half normal precip, such that the 27" snow received since Feb 3 has, despite the cold, left me with snow depth 5" lower than it was Feb 2, and 20" lower than it was at 7 AM exactly one year ago.

Walking out today, it just hit me how truly sick and tired I am of this utterly useless cold.

This is quickly overtaking March 2006 for the most meteorologically, miserably abysmal March of my life.

Man, many of us have done nothing but pay for that three weeks.

This just blows diseased rats.

This cold sucks.  Can't even do anything outside.  It's still in the mid 20s here.  Hopefully NYC scores a half foot today.

No wind today so it's not bad out. I like the colder weather. We have plenty of time for sweat in areas we don't want along with tracking dozens of faux severe events. 

Speak for yourself...55F and mud followed by 41F and drizzle is my cup of tea.

Archived