joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final tally from yesterday's storm was 22". Some places in the city reported 26". Drifts are 7-8' Avg snow on the ground is 44". Most likely records involved in those figures. 447a7062b35e048c8184e3d14b63e565.jpg That's an 6' privacy fence for scale.

Sent from my iPhone

Those are awesome pics, Wish we had someone from the Eastport area that could post some as well

Are you going to be around next week? I will text you, looks like 3 shots at snow with a possible biggie next Thursday. Cold Monday with wind might be an issue.

Yes, I am around all next week, Riding this week on Saturday from Newport to Milinockect and probably will ride again next weekend

Used to be huge skier. Whistler, lake Placid, Breckenridge, Copper, Keystone, all the VT resorts. Stopped when kids came

My 11 yr old is going for her first time ever on Saturday with her friend to Butternut

glacial bumps in the glades from being skied and then frozen solid, he flew through them pony-o flying and bumping up and down well the rest of us mere mortals just stared. Boy literally skis like we run

Butternut is a great learner place, make sure she takes a lesson, once hooked its forever.

Telluride is next on my bucket list. My father's 65th is this year so my plan was to get him a trip (us a trip) to telluride as a surprise if I can swing it.

As a return thank-you for all the trips he took me on when I was younger.

We've done Colorado before but not telluride.

All you can do when dealing with pattern recognition....the IMBY Stalwarts will always end up judging based on the results on their own square plot of land, but we know that often the same pattern can deliever different results and a storm may end up crushing Maine while barely missing us (ala Mar 31-Apr 1, 2011)...that type of result is simply unforecastable at these ranges.

Or the storm may never form at all within 300 miles...but such is life in pattern talk. If we got days of 60F and no storm threats at all, then I would call it a bust, lol.

LOL.

GFS was interesting going forward.

glacial bumps in the glades from being skied and then frozen solid, he flew through them pony-o flying and bumping up and down well the rest of us mere mortals just stared. Boy literally skis like we run

Butternut is a great learner place, make sure she takes a lesson, once hooked its forever.

Shes taking 2 hour lesson then joining her best friend and family to ski the afternoon.

I had Ginx-style wind damage yesterday.

The storm door came loose during the wind and smashed against the side of the house a bunch of times. The siding is fine but it wound up pulling the actual door frame off the side of the house. Ugh. It's a total mess.

On the bright side, I did manage a 36 mph wind gust on the roof which is a station record!!

I had Ginx-style wind damage yesterday.

The storm door came loose during the wind and smashed against the side of the house a bunch of times. The siding is fine but it wound up pulling the actual door frame off the side of the house. Ugh. It's a total mess.

On the bright side, I did manage a 36 mph wind gust on the roof which is a station record!!

Branch disaster at the house, Aussie pup carrying around 2 inch diameter branches 3 feet long trying to bring them in through the doggie door was pretty funny though

Archived