joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hated Salty Brine with a passion. LOL, I started a last snow pile melt contest at work, they farmed Foxwoods parking lot snow into our back patron lot, piles 30 feet high about 50 yards deep maybe 400 feet long. but there are also all white piles in the shade from our lot about 20 feet high 30 feet wide. I am guessing they last longer. Buying lunch for the winner( hope its someone I like, lol)

Meh, played 9 holes each on Pelican Hill and Prairie Dunes a few days ago in the simulator. Rocky start (+7 through 3) but steadied to finish +10 in the next 15.

I'm getting ready to go all Red Sox on our snow pack and start coating it with black sand.

Meh, played 9 holes each on Pelican Hill and Prairie Dunes a few days ago in the simulator. Rocky start (+7 through 3) but steadied to finish +10 in the next 15.

I'm getting ready to go all Red Sox on our snow pack and start coating it with black sand.

Played 18 at Doral at a simulator last week. We had 16 guys playing in a scramble. I suck so much more in those things. I never was any good at video games.

Played 18 at Doral at a simulator last week. We had 16 guys playing in a scramble. I suck so much more in those things. I never was any good at video games.

Took me a while to really "let go" and swing freely in one. Got the hang of it last year and shot 84 at Pinehurst No.2.

So now I know it's bull, because I certainly didn't come close to that in real life.

So earlier today, I saw an eagle flying while carrying a bunch of sticks.  This evening, I heard the distinct and rather awful vocalization that eagles make coming from the megapines across the street.  I watched for a few minutes and two eagles flew out. Would be neat to have them nest in my immediate vicinity.

So earlier today, I saw an eagle flying while carrying a bunch of sticks. This evening, I heard the distinct and rather awful vocalization that eagles make coming from the megapines across the street. I watched for a few minutes and two eagles flew out. Would be neat to have them nest in my immediate vicinity.

Berry College GA has a great live cam of a nesting pair with two eaglets,watched them get fed a mole today

So earlier today, I saw an eagle flying while carrying a bunch of sticks.  This evening, I heard the distinct and rather awful vocalization that eagles make coming from the megapines across the street.  I watched for a few minutes and two eagles flew out. Would be neat to have them nest in my immediate vicinity.

Love watching these owls.

http://cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/46/Great_Horned_Owls/

Wish the front would come through a few hours sooner. We'll have some cheap early 5z high temps for tomorrow. The afternoon will struggle to reach 20F here.

I couldn't believe how much I had to knock temps down in our forecast for yesterday. I was getting widespread midday teens. I added a few degrees just so my update wasn't a 10 degree drop.

It does look like we'll cheap out and miss the record cold maximum temp at midnight. Could have been two cold maximum temps in a row otherwise.

This afternoon will be the first day above 30 since Tuesday

Tell me about it...lol.  Hoping to collect some sap and then we go into the deep freeze again until Wednesday.  I'm hoping that mild-up is transient because I'm way behind on the season now.  If I were a betting man and you would have told me a month ago that I'd have very little sap and still be frozen on 3/21, I would have taken the bet.

I couldn't believe how much I had to knock temps down in our forecast for yesterday. I was getting widespread midday teens. I added a few degrees just so my update wasn't a 10 degree drop.

It does look like we'll cheap out and miss the record cold maximum temp at midnight. Could have been two cold maximum temps in a row otherwise.

Quite the weenie cold shot. I'm ready for blue bombs sandwiched between 60s and sun though.

post-3-0-31322400-1426954987_thumb.jpg

Archived