joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hingham down to 8. Scituate and hull are about the same. In scituate the yard has some bare spots but half my moms driveway is still a 3 foot glacier (major drifting from storms and even wind after storms).

She got rid of the snow blower i had convinced her to buy 5 years ago for "space" in the garage. I know she was kicking herself over it everyday after jan 25.

8? I find that hard to believe that is an overall representation of that area except for sun drenched yards. I drive through Hingham all the time..they are buried still. That number is also not what is on the ground if that is what you thought.

The top of Mansfield right?

Yeah that's actually the FourRunner Quad top station. The Mansfield NOAA site has been off-line the past couple days.

Last obs were 10F with only a -4F wind chill down at MVL in the valley.

Up here though it might as well be mid-January. We've now got -0.2F at the office...still dropping steadily.

The amount of people complaining is rather funny. Was out at a friend's house last night and that's all I heard. "When's it going to melt? When is it going to get warm?" Etc. I laughed. My worry is that once everything melts and we get warmer weather, the rebound effect is going to be rather quick with little time to get yard into shape. Yard and shrubs are a mess. My poor, rare type of Japanese maple took a beating.

The downside to the snow pack is the starving. Not much of a deer lover but I hate to see anything suffer. Cutting trees today they were not waiting for me to move along, they came right for the buds. The coyotes could be seen circling around the edge of the field.

attachicon.gifg.jpg

Cut a pile of of evergreen yesterday, picked clean overnight.

attachicon.gifst1.jpg

attachicon.gifst2.jpg

My mother-in-law was telling me about their hedges eaten too. Totally eaten. Never had that happen. When times are tough..gotta do what you gotta do.

The amount of people complaining is rather funny. Was out at a friend's house last night and that's all I heard. "When's it going to melt? When is it going to get warm?" Etc. I laughed. My worry is that once everything melts and we get warmer weather, the rebound effect is going to be rather quick with little time to get yard into shape. Yard and shrubs are a mess. My poor, rare type of Japanese maple took a beating.

:weenie:

:cry:

Archived