• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

Better than wasted cold and higher energy bills.

At least from my point of view...the sunny, but cold days allow you to do stuff outside...which lately has been critical for my sanity with a 2 yr old cooped up for weeks in a house...lol. Those days of shizzle and 41 are horrible. Plus I have to admit, the sun helps to warm the house a bit. Different story at night, but it's noticeable now during the day.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

121 here in 96 (from what I read)  86.75 in 11

Never would have guessed GYX has the climate of eastern CT. :lmao:

I guess it makes sense that it's not that rare that you come close to our totals in the big seasons. When you do well we often do well. A winter like 2007-2008? Naso much in reverse.

Never would have guessed GYX has the climate of eastern CT. :lmao:

I guess it makes sense that it's not that rare that you come close to our totals in the big seasons. When you do well we often do well. A winter like 2007-2008? Naso much in reverse.

nope big coastal years are me bread and butter, swfe events suck, its pretty good I have elevation and border the snowbelts up here and the RI border, No School Foster Gloucester!! I am sure you remember that

nope big coastal years are me bread and butter, swfe events suck, its pretty good I have elevation and border the snowbelts up here and the RI border, No School Foster Gloucester!! I am sure you remember that

:axe:

Back when I couldn't understand how the rain/snow line was always between me and NW RI.

:axe:

Back when I couldn't understand how the rain/snow line was always between me and NW RI.

Hated Salty Brine with a passion. LOL, I started a last snow pile melt contest at work, they farmed Foxwoods parking lot snow into our back patron lot, piles 30 feet high about 50 yards deep maybe 400 feet long. but there are also all white piles in the shade from our lot about 20 feet high 30 feet wide. I am guessing they last longer. Buying lunch for the winner( hope its someone I like, lol)

It's a pretty amazing feat. I wonder what the return period on Moosup surpassing GYX is. Ha

Five years ago I wondered about that same question, but for CAR and BWI. CAR's weakest snow year in 75 years of record is just under 60". That tops all but two (95-96 and 09-10) of BWI's 67 winters of record, and CAR's 2nd lowest is 6" more than BWI's 2nd highest. Return period must be in the same general vicinity as that of the Octobomb.

Archived