joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm actually finding the 63F quite refreshing... It was 87 at my place in Ayer yesterday and the house was showing sensible signs of catching up and starting to absorb and re-admit now in the evenings...  This will knock that back.  Don't want to install the AC...well, I (duh) could install and just not turn it on - ha! 

But dry or not, 88F is too much... don't care what time of the year it is.  

Classic!  Currently 48 F up @ Newburyport Ma on the ocean front, and it's 85-90 in midriff Connecticut... 

Anyway, HPC's most recent sfc analysis depicts 1024 mb high pushing over the GOM ...which is about +8 mb above the medium S of LI... Despite the warmth in western/SW zones, that fronts likely to pass through to NYC over the next 12 hours.  It may be running out of strength as far as what's behind it, but that's a significant enough amount of pressure rise in the backside to keep the sucker rollin'

Wouldn't be shocked if a place like downtown SPFLD was 90 today. BAF and CEF were 88-89 and they are 100-125 ft higher than downtown and outside of the relatively small heat island.

Wouldn't surprise me...86F at least for a high here and still rising. And this is no heat island up here.

Archived