joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be shocked if a place like downtown SPFLD was 90 today. BAF and CEF were 88-89 and they are 100-125 ft higher than downtown and outside of the relatively small heat island.

91 on the office thermo here downtown. 93 on the thermo at the building on the corner of State and Maple. :sun:

Desert climo...MVL now 86/38 here.

En fuego, even got an 88F on the car in Stowe.

Dews in the 30s, heat in mid/upper 80s.

Typical pre-green-up heat...  

I have seen obnoxious early 88 F heat as early as mid March in cauldrons of wind whipped 20 F DPs before... In fact, I think I've seen that enough to say that say 2 or even 3 years in 10 will have that - not necessarily March per se, but talking pre greening.  

That heat back in 1998 I've discussed in the past, the one that was broken by the 55 F BD drop in 24 hours ... that heat was super chalky stuff. Going outside was like over cooked chicken breast - you couldn't swallow.  

82.9 is the current high here. What a deep summer day. Didn't see one sole in suit or tie or carrying brief case in my travels. Did see lots of shorts and golf shirts

chamber weather for sure, Rh in the 30s, you step in the shade and its like 15 degrees cooler feel, nice breeze, what a great spring day,

82.9 is the current high here. What a deep summer day. Didn't see one sole in suit or tie or carrying brief case in my travels. Did see lots of shorts and golf shirts

who wears suits anymore?  That business was decimated once most workplaces went casual.

Fascinating... if you loop this http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/index.php?load=vis

you can see fairly precisely where the boundary is.   Notice also the generation of strata/fog in the Harbor, as well as larger plume pushing rapidly west through the outer waters.  Wondering with this dry air if that can get inland... 

But what I find most interesting is the small arc of clouds perpendicular to the Can border with NYS NNE of Watertown. You can see that some small amount of the denser BD air mass has "spilled" around the VT highlands and is doing a micro BD job to them up there.  That's really cool!

Archived