Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?What are we supposed to talk about int the summer?

It's like not talking about cold and snow in the winter.

I mean WTF..it's summer..let's talk about it and enjoy it. 

That's the problem..there isn't anything to talk about except whether or not it will be 92/72 vs 89/70.

Man watching the OKC area last night makes me want to try and chase at some point down the road. I'm so done with our bullsh*t convection. It's like comparing drizzle to a downpour. 

I am glad we don't have to deal with that. Chasing in New England sucks anyways. They can have the problems associated with it too. 

So am I, but I guess I can only talk about extremely boring weather so much.

It just seems like some peeps on here get angry or irritated when folks discuss summer wx. The only gentle suggestion might be to step away from the board or post less frequently until autumn if they don't enjoy summer fanfare , food and frolic

It just seems like some peeps on here get angry or irritated when folks discuss summer wx. The only gentle suggestion might be to step away from the board or post less frequently until autumn if they don't enjoy summer fanfare , food and frolic

Columbia ct brush fire 11 roses bridge rd.. cmd requesting PD ..

I actually agree with this to good extent...   

Buuut, you, your self, have made posts suggesting you resent the mere implication of labeling psychological pathologies - when the perception of that is clear.  So, now you know how it feels to be on the receiving end of it...

You gotta understand, this is the public. It's not really moderated, not in any refereed sense of it anyway. It's all about cackling rabble, with some members bit more advanced ... but certainly, S.A.D. unstable.  Haha.  

Seriously though, seasonal affective disorder flames individual in spring and summer, too.  Many think it's a winter thing - it's not. It's a "seasonal" thing.  

Go to Mayo clinic's online material; it's all there in refereed essays.  This site, ...particularly our New England sub-forum (my theory) has become dominated by antic-winter SAD types.  These are folks that actually dread the lengthening days, higher sun angles, and warm weather, and it's all clinically defined.  And there are Mets using this site clearly in this ilk.  Hell. ... they may have even suffered the sweat and tears of Met degrees because of their condition, too.  I know of one on-camera Met who's pretty well known, that really can't stand summer -- not saying any of this to "rag" on anyone. 

But this site is a mixing bastion for that mentality and others, so you get what you pay for... 

I actually agree with this to good extent...   

Buuut, you, your self, have made posts suggesting you resent the mere implication of labeling psychological pathologies - when the perception of that is clear.  So, now you know how it feels to be on the receiving end of it...

You gotta understand, this is the public. It's not really moderated, not in any refereed sense of it anyway. It's all about cackling rabble, with some members bit more advanced ... but certainly, S.A.D. unstable.  Haha.  

Seriously though, seasonal affective disorder flames individual in spring and summer, too.  Many think it's a winter thing - it's not. It's a "seasonal" thing.  

Go to Mayo clinic's online material; it's all there in refereed essays.  This site, ...particularly our New England sub-forum (my theory) has become dominated by antic-winter SAD types.  These are folks that actually dread the lengthening days, higher sun angles, and warm weather, and it's all clinically defined.  And there are Mets using this site clearly in this ilk.  Hell. ... they may have even suffered the sweat and tears of Met degrees because of their condition, too.  I know of one on-camera Met who's pretty well known, that really can't stand summer -- not saying any of this to "rag" on anyone. 

But this site is a mixing bastion for that mentality and others, so you get what you pay for... 

Well he is also playing the victim though. People can talk all they want about weather, but the egregious calls for something that basically won't happen are over the top. 

I don't think people get angry talking about summer weather. What they get upset about is when someone posts something that you think is anti-summer. You get all jacked about it. There is a good shot of a backdoor tomorrow into Saturday. Such is life. We live In New England in the spring. Back doors happen. No one is taking away your summer.

I don't think people get angry talking about summer weather. What they get upset about is when someone posts something that you think is anti-summer. You get all jacked about it. There is a good shot of a backdoor tomorrow into Saturday. Such is life. We live In New England in the spring. Back doors happen. No one is taking away your summer.

No one said otherwise.. But it's not 50's and 60's and drizzle which

Well he is also playing the victim though. People can talk all they want about weather, but the egregious calls for something that basically won't happen are over the top.

It's the hyperbole rhetoric (see exaggeration, overstatement, embellishment, excess, overkill) that gets folks to respond to his posts, followed by the "Will is being mean to me" or "What did I do to deserve this piggy pile" type act.

People enjoy discussing weather but in a sensible manner that doesn't include embellishment just for the sake of trying to make temperatures sound exciting.

Picked up my first dog today at a shelter in Salem. Lab Hound mix. Meet Bailey.

NIce! 

I want to get a dog, too ... honestly I don't know if I trust myself. I once forgot to put water in my parent's cat's water bowl, and only when she was almost emaciated to death sitting by the dusty dry bowl barely mustering the energy to squeak chirpy meow did light dawn..  Luckily, she survived my stupidity ... I never saw a cat drink so much water, wow. 

That event made me so guilty feeling. I don't think I'm the right guy for a pet.  

But I've always been partial to Jack Russell terriers.. I live alone; not sure what I would do about going to work ... particularly in the winters.  

I think owning a pet has to be taken very seriously, so if there is any doubt, don't :(

Picked up my first dog today at a shelter in Salem. Lab Hound mix. Meet Bailey.20150507_134600_zpszyalef8v.jpg20150507_134910_zpshf7pk8cz.jpg

NIce! 

I want to get a dog, too ... honestly I don't know if I trust myself. I once forgot to put water in my parent's cat's water bowl, and only when she was almost emaciated to death sitting by the dusty dry bowl barely mustering the energy to squeak chirpy meow did light dawn..  Luckily, she survived my stupidity ... I never saw a cat drink so much water, wow. 

That event made me so guilty feeling. I don't think I'm the right guy for a pet.  

But I've always been partial to Jack Russell terriers.. I live alone; not sure what I would do about going to work ... particularly in the winters.  

I think owning a pet has to be taken very seriously, so if there is any doubt, don't :(

Dogs are awesome. Unconditional love every time they see you.

Puppies are a lot of work though as Jay will soon find out. Ha ha.

Dogs figure out your patterns pretty quickly and learn how to play you.

It's the hyperbole rhetoric (see exaggeration, overstatement, embellishment, excess, overkill) that gets folks to respond to his posts, followed by the "Will is being mean to me" or "What did I do to deserve this piggy pile" type act.

People enjoy discussing weather but in a sensible manner that doesn't include embellishment just for the sake of trying to make temperatures sound exciting.

He totally gets it...he just likes to play victim every now and then when the backlash to his hyperbole gets a bit strong.

Archived