Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical pre-green-up heat...

I have seen obnoxious early 88 F heat as early as mid March in cauldrons of wind whipped 20 F DPs before... In fact, I think I've seen that enough to say that say 2 or even 3 years in 10 will have that - not necessarily March per se, but talking pre greening.

That heat back in 1998 I've discussed in the past, the one that was broken by the 55 F BD drop in 24 hours ... that heat was super chalky stuff. Going outside was like over cooked chicken breast - you couldn't swallow.

Yeah we are still relatively leaf-free up here and it's bone dry...thus 80-90F all the way into N.NH and southern Quebec...

Find the front...

Yeah we are still relatively leaf-free up here and it's bone dry...thus 80-90F all the way into N.NH and southern Quebec...

Find the front...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

:lol: I know ...  

I hope those that really dig on "meteorology" appreciate this... This is a top tier BD event at this point ...with some 40+ variance across 50 to 60 miles of fropa.  Top 10 ... top 5?  it'd be interesting to rank -

Anyway, interesting still is that the 18z NAM still insists this air mass turns right around and pinches back right to the very coast during tomorrow afternoon... That would mean a lot of those interior zones currently affected yo-yo right back into the warmth.  

I think keeping the Atlantic quagmire at bay is key there... If it dawns sunny, and the high has allowed the gradient to come back around SSW, then together the trick could get done. 

I feel like we can often get some of the hottest days of the year prior to green-up at a lot of the MesoNet sites...especially the PWS spots in more wooded areas.

I'm seeing some mid to upper 80s at spots in NE VT that struggle to get out of the low 80s almost all summer. With no fresh growth or vegetation, I imagine a lot of those rural wooded sites may get their hottest days prior to full summer greenery.

Or at least that's how we end up with 50 degree dewpoint depressions and high heat...like 88/38 type stuff.

I feel like we can often get some of the hottest days of the year prior to green-up at a lot of the MesoNet sites...especially the PWS spots in more wooded areas.

I'm seeing some mid to upper 80s at spots in NE VT that struggle to get out of the low 80s almost all summer. With no fresh growth or vegetation, I imagine a lot of those rural wooded sites may get their hottest days prior to full summer greenery.

Or at least that's how we end up with 50 degree dewpoint depressions and high heat...like 88/38 type stuff.

It's like temporary tarmac conditions. A brief glimpse of what life is like at BDL.

that'll take care of any remaining snow up that way

There's like a slurping sound coming out of the snowpack at this point, haha.  Its so hot in the sun and on the snow surface.  Incredible sun burn the past couple days from the snow.

Melting very rapidly now though.  Just rivers opening up mid-trail...

Becoming more patchy at even 3,000ft now, but still increases rapidly above that up to 4,000ft.

Archived