joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found yesterday through today to be really fascinating up here in interior NE Mass... 77 F at 11 am yesterday, 52 with noticeable chill in the air at dusk, 46 at 1 am, now 82 with DP over 60.   

kind of neat to tuck a BD event, end to end, inside of 24 ours like that.  

I just found yesterday through today to be really fascinating up here in interior NE Mass... 77 F at 11 am yesterday, 52 with noticeable chill in the air at dusk, 46 at 1 am, now 82 with DP over 60.   

kind of neat to tuck a BD event, end to end, inside of 24 ours like that.  

It was a pretty fascinating event...as fascinating as temperature swings and boundaries can be.  Very cool to see it be 88F here in the mountains of northern Vermont, while its 46F at Newburyport in Mass.

In Southington and was sitting naked in a hot tub and we had 3 sprinkles come over us...around 6:50 to like 8:00

My friends dad and I are in the hot tub...I feel lots of liquid in my head...it's freaking sprinkling. I look at the radar...tiny gray specks over us...wtf

Too much info if you are sitting naked in a hot tub with your friends dad....

is that what he told you...

Were the raindrops milky colored?

LMAO over these two comments.  Oh, Wiz............I'm speechless.

Day # 20 region wide of no rain.. Nothing Tuesday either with front

I'm feeling confident that there will be some rain.  Maybe a storm with a breeze will come through and take down my dead maple.  In the meantime, the sun's making an effort to burn through now.  Perhaps a bit warmer than ideal, but COC day on tap.  Maybe we'll have another entire summer with comfortable temps and no humidity.

The pool's opening on Wednesday.  Whoo-hoo.

Can't believe I had to lug buckets of water to a few new shrubs planted last fall.  Soil is dusty dry down about a foot.

Doesn't help that I live on a mountain of fine builders sand though.

Not dusty dry at my place, but when I tilled yesterday it was drier than any other spring digging.  Looks like we get a drink this afternoon thru Tuesday.  If so, green-up will end the big fire danger before things can dry out again.  Been busy for the fire control folks, with one 200+ acre fire in Lubec (that's about the total acreage of 2014 wildfires in Maine) and lots of smaller ones.

Archived