joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We threw some fans in the windows today and got the bedroom down from 78F to 72F in an hour.

I'm stubborn, no AC until Memorial day or later and then only on oppressive days or for company.

72 in here , nice breeze. Boy what a great hot dry day. Uncovered the pool, solar cover on. Probably be ready by next weekend. Love summer can't wait for the end of June to hit the surf.

The chamber is ready

Wednesday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 68.

Wednesday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.

Thursday

Sunny, with a high near 67.

Thursday Night

Mostly clear, with a low around 44.

Friday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.

Friday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.

Window fan FTW last night. No need for A/C nonsense.

I tried that and usually do but it was still 70° at 10PM outside and the house was sitting around 80° with two fans blowing in the attic and two blowing on the second level.  When the outside temp isn't going to cooperate, it's time to mechanically cool the space so I did.

My rule of thumb is that if it's below 70 at 10PM I'll be OK with the window fan but if it's above, I'll be more comfortable with the AC.

I tried that and usually do but it was still 70° at 10PM outside and the house was sitting around 80° with two fans blowing in the attic and two blowing on the second level.  When the outside temp isn't going to cooperate, it's time to mechanically cool the space so I did.

My rule of thumb is that if it's below 70 at 10PM I'll be OK with the window fan but if it's above, I'll be more comfortable with the AC.

I usually get a good breeze so I opened everything up and stuck a fan in. Worked pretty well and I'm one that likes it cool. With nights in the 40s coming up this week..Should be just fine for awhile. This weekend looks like heat gets shunted well SW of us.

I usually get a good breeze so I opened everything up and stuck a fan in. Worked pretty well and I'm one that likes it cool. With nights in the 40s coming up this week..Should be just fine for awhile. This weekend looks like heat gets shunted well SW of us.

Yeah, it looks like the weekend is turning toward the cooler/damper side?  Was looking more promising earlier.  First weekend with the pool might be a bust. 

Window fan FTW last night. No need for A/C nonsense.

LOL..sucking in all that pollen.. Run your hands or a wet towel over the furniture, window sills etc..Totally yellow. It's on your couches, sheets etc..all that yellow..and it doesn't come off once it gets into the material. 

Not to mention your son breathing all that stuff in.

Dumb.

LOL..sucking in all that pollen.. Run your hands or a wet towel over the furniture, window sills etc..Totally yellow. It's on your couches, sheets etc..all that yellow..and it doesn't come off once it gets into the material. 

Not to mention your son breathing all that stuff in.

Dumb.

LOL, most sane people are fine.  You're crazy as usual.

Do the pollen test i told you to do..and post a pic of the wet towel

You think a window unit will stop that?  :lol:

All our families growing up were fine, and people to this day with windows open are fine. Stop being ridiculous. That's great if you want your home to be like a tornado shelter, but I prefer to enjoy life and fresh air. 

You think a window unit will stop that?   :lol:

All our families growing up were fine, and people to this day with windows open are fine. Stop being ridiculous. That's great if you want your home to be like a tornado shelter, but I prefer to enjoy life and fresh air. 

By having windows open and using a fan sucking in outside air..you are sucking in all of that pollen. I don't get it

It's possible a few decent storms may fire tomorrow. I see what BOX sees regarding dry air, but that's a good s/w moving through and still some residual moisture leftover. Models have some QPF too in NNE and the NAM has some storms moving through SNE.  As usual, nothing terrible exciting..but it wouldn't shock me if some areas get a good storm in New England.

We sneak.

Put one in yesterday around 6pm. Have a third story converted attic to bedroom that was roasting. Actually saw a couple other house around town being sneaky and putting one or two in.

Thanks for admitting lol. Some are stubborn and would never admit it on here after their behavior last week towards me recommending installs

Where's Newport?

19b211be6b2963859c497f8f852ca76c.jpg

Sent from my iPad

if anyone is in Newport through the 17th, there is a nice production for the Volvo Open Ocean race at Fort Adams, nice way the spend an afternoon, went yesterday, free admission . $10 to park

Archived