joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

driveway is shoveled, kid got her first sleigh ride on top of a tupperware container and now Ive settled in with a nice doppelbock.  

And now the snow is ending. Boo-urns. 

Looks like about 6", maybe a tad more here in columbia

At this point, governments and schools should be announcing closures tonight and tomorrow.  The statement on the evening news, "___ County Schools Closed" doesn't mean a whole lot.

I would not be surprised at school closures or 2-hour delays tomorrow.  However, I doubt the government closes.  Probably will be an optional telework/unscheduled leave, and perhaps a 2-hour delay as well.  I'd bank on that, in fact.

Measured just shy of 7 inches here. It probably is 7 before compaction. Very light snow falling here now. Definitely watching that stuff dropping out of PA. Might be good snowtv for later. Great storm again. 

I never cleared and have 6.7" on all my favorite spots. I'm sure I got 7" or even a little more. I did a crappy job measuring today. I was having too much fun walking around in it with my dog. 

I never cleared and have 6.7" on all my favorite spots. I'm sure I got 7" or even a little more. I did a crappy job measuring today. I was having too much fun walking around in it with my dog. 

For an extra 0.3 I'd say having run was worth it. Great storm all around and it looks like most if not all did pretty well. Can't ask for much better for solidly into the first week in March. It looks like a January day out there. Already took care of the shoveling - definitely not as easy on the muscles as the past snows this year. 

If that stuff in PA can make it here we could probably squeeze another trace or half inch ;)(greed)

Very difficult to measure. My property is exposed (very little trees) on the W and NW sides, and there's a 1/2 mile wide inlet. If there's even the slightest breeze, it's almost impossible to get a good measurement. I measured 5.5" in one spot, 5" in a few, and also 5.25". I think it's safe to go with 5.5" considering compaction and the annoying wind.

Also, I didn't have a spot set up to clear every 6 hours this time, so the 5.5" I measured could've been too low.

Things have calmed down over here. Went out and did what we hope is the last driveway shovel. 23 out with a stick measurement of 8.5". 

I only got around 7.5",  Still a pretty good storm though. Seems like 7-8" was common everywhere in the I70 I270 triangle.

Archived