• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 5th Snow Threat

WxUSAF

There is probably a warm layer in there for a couple hours. But at this point we have enough guidance, that parsing when the ukie flips probably serves no purpose....It does paste us with frozen as you said.

I completely expect more sleet than I want but in the end I will measure between 3-6" in multiple spots when it shuts off.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has an uneasy feeling it's because they think the nam is right. We couldn't be sitting in a better spot 48 hours out. Agreement of the models that should be taken seriously is virtually 100% with the exception of timing differences. I'm not sure what more could be asked for at 2 day leads.

I have an uneasy feeling because its giving me memories of 3/6/13... I know its a completely different setup but its still the same idea of waiting for the changeover. And we had excellent model agreement right before that event too... but I've had a horrible track record of predicting stuff this winter, so...  :whistle:

If anyone has an uneasy feeling it's because they think the nam is right. We couldn't be sitting in a better spot 48 hours out. Agreement of the models that should be taken seriously is virtually 100% with the exception of timing differences. I'm not sure what more could be asked for at 2 day leads.

Voice of reason.  Those worrying about the NAM, read this.  When the GFS/EURO agree and the NAM is an outlier, why even bother worrying about its solution.

I have an uneasy feeling because its giving me memories of 3/6/13... I know its a completely different setup but its still the same idea of waiting for the changeover. And we had excellent model agreement right before that event too... but I've had a horrible track record of predicting stuff this winter, so... :whistle:

This comparison makes no sense to me..3/6/13 started as snow then flipped to rain as trowel-convection cut us down w/ a closed ULL tracking over SE VA/NE NC.

This event is the polar opposite of 3/6/13, dynamically speaking.

We're still talking about the g******m NAM.  

Sooooo much better than last run. Idk why people should fret at all. This NAM text product is pretty conservative with snow accumulations and it's not bad at all.

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAMSFC/NAM_Kbwi.txt

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAMSFC/NAM_Kdca.txt

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAMSFC/NAM_Kiad.txt

I don't even think the Euro ever looked good for 3/6/13.

From what I remember, other models plastered us by game time and most of us tossed the Euro. Someone correct me if I'm wrong... if my memories are off then it's only because I tried to forget this one.

I don't even think the Euro ever looked good for 3/6/13.

From what I remember, other models plastered us by game time and most of us tossed the Euro. Someone correct me if I'm wrong... if my memories are off then it's only because I tried to forget this one.

This is correct, Fozz.  I remember distinctly the Euro being tossed despite having almost identical solutions for 5-6 runs straight for 3/6/13.  That being said, it still had a decent amount of snow for DCA (3-4 inches) that didn't verify.  The RPM did a very good job showing the screw zone though. 

Archived