• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 5th Snow Threat

WxUSAF

some of the arws are always too amped and some of the Nmms are always too dry. They have major issues.

But in this case, the GGEm probably is forecasting around 12" and the 06Z GFS had around 9 using a 10-1 ratio so they spread is probably pretty well sumarizes the various possibilities unless you are willing to call the GFS an outlier.  I think they do have utility. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is basically a sleet storm with a little snow on top for the cities. NAM. We toss. When the GFS and Euro have been in such good agreement, not sure why anyone should care about anything else.

I said it yesterday. When the nam has a far different solution outside of its range and the globals agree on something different, it will grind back towards the globals. We'll probably see these shifts towards the gfs/euro every run until game time. This is definitely not a setup where the nam will excel. Too dynamic and covers far too much real estate.

I know one loop that is going to look pretty awesome during this event...WV. The plume will probably go all the way into to the pac.

NAM is basically a sleet storm with a little snow on top for the cities.  NAM.  We toss.  When the GFS and Euro have been in such good agreement, not sure why anyone should care about anything else.  

This is what I don't understand.  Time and time again you and other pros and good hobbyists  point out how terrible the NAM is, especially post 48 and yet you get consternation and hand wringing when it's an outlier.   

This is what I don't understand.  Time and time again you and other pros and good hobbyists  point out how terrible the NAM is, especially post 48 and yet you get consternation and hand wringing when it's an outlier.   

Well because it's always fun to get a good NAMing.  But, a good Euroing or GFSing is much more satisfying afterwards.  We've got (and had) solid agreement between the two best globals.  Assuming nothing dramatic changes on their 12z runs, we're basically down to details of changeover times, etc. 

Archived