joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Snow Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right or wrong, gfs has been steadfast with the earliest flip. Seeing it bump even earlier today is interesting but also in the face of other guidance (for now). This is a good test for the model to see what kind of bias it may have in a particular setup.

I personally think the new gfs is a good bit better than the old one inside of 3-4 days but like others have said, the early flip is suspect.

What is the warm layer wet bulb temp at 09Z?  I'm waiting for twister and its taking too long.  I guess I could go to the ARl site but am too lazy.

Later flip than the GFS, but frozen QPF is similar. Looks like DCA flips to sleet around 10-11z then flips to snow around 14-15z.

The cool part with the global guidance this storm is the later flips haven't been different with impact. It looks like either way you shake it we are going to get hit. I don't care if it's early or late, just paste the region and I'll bump my winter rating to 8/10 (I rate winter on temps almost equally with snow. The bay freezing big time in Feb is wild)

Wes, this is dca. I'm a rookie @ cod site

12_GFS_045_KDCA_skewt_ML.gif

you can click anywhere on the map to get a sounding -- but then you can put in KDCA, KIAD, KBWI and then update. 

For Westminster I have to put in a lat/long or click very close to westminsters location for its sounding to show up. 

Archived