Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/25 Hump Day Fluffer

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when box paints me 3-4" and trends move west for 4 runs in a row I think every single person bought them, not "disappointed" where it effects me in life lol, but how could you not buy them , the meteorology was solid. I mean from here it looks like you just lucked out with your early call now if this trends east.

I never bought it. 

Look back at what Messenger said earlier....always was likely nceep guidance was overtrending, then the EURO, which has demonstrated a propensity to be too amped this season, confirmed it on it's relatively meager 00z run.

Anyway, never wise to count on inverted troughs.

I have a lot to learn myself, and miss sometimes, but I was conident that this would not be one of those times.

I think you should grab at least an inch or two. 

Not a bad little event down that way.

Verbatim it's probably 3-5" here.  It'll be fluffy, and I seem to be in a very good spot for about .2" QPF. 

As you said this played out by the "near whiff" playbook.  Euro grudges west, everything else goes too far west before correcting.

Euro is a smidge better this run, GFS as too, I'd say I'm a lock here for about .18 to .25" QPF and will still need to watch banding.  Nice little event.

Verbatim it's probably 3-5" here.  It'll be fluffy, and I seem to be in a very good spot for about .2" QPF. 

As you said this played out by the "near whiff" playbook.  Euro grudges west, everything else goes too far west before correcting.

Euro is a smidge better this run, GFS as too, I'd say I'm a lock here for about .18 to .25" QPF and will still need to watch banding.  Nice little event.

Someone will get a lolli of 5"+...probably close to your area, but anywhere from the Cape up through Essex county and back SW to about Newport RI is fair game. I think the 128 belt west fo BOS is probably just going to get a fluffy inch or two...Logan airport could get a surprise for sure though as well. We'll just have to watch the trends tonight on radar, streamlines, etc.

You end up getting the middle finger more then actually sitting under the middle finger in these

Exactly. 

Once in awhile they work out...but never, ever expect it.

I grabbed 7" of snow from a Dec 19, 2007 inverted deal, but that is the last one I can recall cashing in on.

More often than not, they are a providional solution...a mere manifestation of the models' inability to see through the fog of chaos that is the atmosphere.

But when they do actuallly develop it is probably:

1) Not where they were modeled.

2) Not over you. :lol:

Someone will get a lolli of 5"+...probably close to your area, but anywhere from the Cape up through Essex county and back SW to about Newport RI is fair game. I think the 128 belt west fo BOS is probably just going to get a fluffy inch or two...Logan airport could get a surprise for sure though as well. We'll just have to watch the trends tonight on radar, streamlines, etc.

Yep.  The trends are still solid.  The Euro if anything looks a little better, even the models that came east some still have a good banding and snow growth signal.    This will be another one of those systems with some high intensity bands covering a relatively small portion of the readership.  

Exactly. 

Once in awhile they work out...but never, ever expect it.

I grabbed 7" of snow from a Dec 19, 2007 inverted deal, but that is the last one I can recall cashing in on.

More often than not, they are a providional solution...a mere manifestation of the models' inability to see through the fog of chaos that is the atmosphere.

But when they do actuallly develop it is probably:

1) Not where they were modeled.

2) Not over you. :lol:

I have had a few over the years but its much more favorable for the areas to my east then here typically, And your right on where they end up, Typically not where modeled 

I never bought it.

Look back at what Messenger said earlier....always was likely nceep guidance was overtrending, then the EURO, which has demonstrated a propensity to be too amped this season, confirmed it on it's relatively meager 00z run.

Anyway, never wise to count on inverted troughs.

I have a lot to learn myself, and miss sometimes, but I was conident that this would not be one of those times.

Well, i like when ppl stick their necks out a bit and stand by a call.

Unless this ticks east again at 18z or 0z we may be looking at now cast

1-2" seems good, I never spent much time on this one.. but nice refresher I guess

FWIW the HRRR and RAP are both pretty far east in their LR, which is interesting given that they are usually NW and amped at the end of their runs. They've definitely had a spotty record at best this winter so I wouldn't take them too seriously, but worth mentioning I think.

The RAP has been pretty good lately.  It's definitely east and ticked east last run.  That said it's missing the returns extending north into the VA Capes pretty badly.  It's not really doing much there yet, but still....it seems to be not grasping that north extension yet.

Trend to watch though as I'd like to see the radar build a bit more than it has so far down that way.  There's clearly a boundary just off the beach that could rob some moisture.

I have had a few over the years but its much more favorable for the areas to my east then here typically, And your right on where they end up, Typically not where modeled 

I think that last Thursday morning's 4" fluff was the first time I've gotten much from that phenomenon.  We did see 2" in Gardiner from the N edge of a Norlun that dumped 11" at PWM and 24" at Goose Rocks Beach in K'port.  If I get an inch from this one I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I think that last Thursday morning's 4" fluff was the first time I've gotten much from that phenomenon.  We did see 2" in Gardiner from the N edge of a Norlun that dumped 11" at PWM and 24" at Goose Rocks Beach in K'port.  If I get an inch from this one I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Not expecting much as the 18z Nam is a tic east here from 12z up this way, Maybe an inch or two tops

Archived