Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/25 Hump Day Fluffer

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe and I stress maybe, 1" of fluff as far west as 5 to 15 miles NW of 395 in CT otherwise expect mood flakes periodically in the morning if youre on Mt. Tolland.

Your're in FL on vacation with your parents.. And you're spending all day posting on here about a possible 1-2 inches in CT? Get out and hit the beach

I actually don't think the RAP and HRRR are all that bad right now.  The concern I have is the tight spiral of a low they blow up in the next few hours ( and that's evident on W/V)...check out the new HRRR in 10-12 hours it's wound up like a subtropical transitional low.  If that really does happen it's going to rob some moisture and may limit the "troughiness" up this way.

6 max

18z NAM brings about .555" of QPF to CHH.  All snow and about -20 microbars/second are within the Dendrite Snow Growth Zone, so about 20-1 ratios should yield 10" of snow from CHH to HYA and given that the models are all likely too far east with the heaviest snow bands, a crack at 12-15" is possible.

yeah we should be careful... I don't think the further-west precipitation in VA/NC is the stuff that will clip us, rather a stronger southern stream system that potentially could interfere with moisture inflow to the the surface reflection of the northern stream energy that we care about... it's the latter that we are rooting for imo

if we had the southern stream system much much further north that we could entertain a phase with the northern stream, different ballgame, but that's not in the works 

yeah we should be careful... I don't think the further-west precipitation in VA/NC is the stuff that will clip us, rather a strong southern stream system that potentially could interfere with moisture inflow to the the surface reflection of the northern stream energy that we care about... it's the latter that we are rooting for imo

if we had the southern stream system much much further north that we could entertain a phase with the northern stream, different ballgame, but that's not in the works 

No, that moisture over the VA Cape is what hits us tonight into tomorrow morning.  It is just much further west than modeled initially and moving Northward.

Archived