Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/25 Hump Day Fluffer

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, that moisture over the VA Cape is what hits us tonight into tomorrow morning. It is just much further west than modeled initially and moving Northward.

look at pwats james. There is no extension north of higher pwats north of that developing low down there. Plus we are still in very dry air to start. That moisture has nothing to due with the inv trough late late tonight.

No, that moisture over the VA Cape is what hits us tonight into tomorrow morning.  It is just much further west than modeled initially and moving Northward.

I guess my point is that it's not like we have a surface low with a defined CCB currently over VA that will translate north to hit us.... in fact, the stronger that main low is, we may be robbed of moisture in our litte mesolow that develops and only 6+ hours laters becomes the dominant low. I could be wrong, but it's a complex setup and just want to be careful over-interpreting the further west precipitation over VA. 

look at pwats james. There is no extension north of higher pwats north of that developing low down there. Plus we are still in very dry air to start. That moisture has nothing to due with the inv trough late late tonight.

I really want to see the ocean off Atlantic city light up soon and start streaming north. Next few hours tell the story, maybe the short term mesos are right

I really want to see the ocean off Atlantic city light up soon and start streaming north. Next few hours tell the story, maybe the short term mesos are right

I did a lot of research on moisture plumes mainly from TCs that are forced poleward from certain synoptic setups. Basically PREs. And this setup doesnt have any force from the trough to pull the moisture from this pseudo sub trop low poleward. The trough goes negative way too far north.

I don't know, I just don't see this looking like the wetter 18z models. It looks like it's slow to develop and oriented more Sw to ne than up off acy. Very narrow band that although it's gaining some north isn't exactly filling the radar.

Will take a veritable explosion of returns to make this much of a deal IMBY and points west.

18z NAM brings about .555" of QPF to CHH.  All snow and about -20 microbars/second are within the Dendrite Snow Growth Zone, so about 20-1 ratios should yield 10" of snow from CHH to HYA and given that the models are all likely too far east with the heaviest snow bands, a crack at 12-15" is possible.

James, I really love the enthusiasm...but you are only hurting your own credibility when you throw our statements like this. You are basing snowfall ratios on temperatures as they stand RIGHT NOW while basing QPF on the 18z 6-10 hours out.

Why are you purposely choosing to accept the QPF for the 18z NAM as truth, yet not acknowledging the fact that it has temperatures above 30 degrees? The further "west" the precip moves, the higher temps will be on the Cape, and you'll be lucky to get ratios in excess of 10:1. 

Just haven't been a fan. Maybe it nails it tonight.

I've have found good use for the hrrr has long as it strings several very consistent runs together. While the latest run is still probably too far east, I may have to cut pops back in places like PSM. May end up bring dry there overnight. Essex county mass advisory not looking too good right now.

I've have found good use for the hrrr has long as it strings several very consistent runs together. While the latest run is still probably too far east, I may have to cut pops back in places like PSM. May end up bring dry there overnight. Essex county mass advisory not looking too good right now.

If this stays canal east I'll give it props. It completely sucked a big one this weekend only to give up on the cold solutions last minute. It was to the point where BOX bought it hook line and sinker only to eat their words. Personally I'm not forecasting so I only causally care.

Archived