Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/25 Hump Day Fluffer

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this stays canal east I'll give it props. It completely sucked a big one this weekend only to give up on the cold solutions last minute. It was to the point where BOX bought it hook line and sinker only to eat their words. Personally I'm not forecasting so I only causally care.

A lot of models have been struggling the last 6 weeks or so. The RGEM is really the only one that I can give major props to at this point. But as far as POPS in the enhanced short term forecast goes (within 12 hours) I have found a blend of the last 3 runs of the HRRR, on average,  are pretty much unbeatable. The HRRR has a problem with sfc temps...especially with snow cover and have to be taken with a grain of salt sometimes.

A lot of models have been struggling the last 6 weeks or so. The RGEM is really the only one that I can give major props to at this point. But as far as POPS in the enhanced short term forecast goes (within 12 hours) I have found a blend of the last 3 runs of the HRRR, on average, are pretty much unbeatable. The HRRR has a problem with sfc temps...especially with snow cover and have to be taken with a grain of salt sometimes.

Well that would be a pretty big bust if it beats every other model this close in. I understand the the reasons for a positive bust like snow growth etc, but I'm still staying conservative in my area because of any shift east. That's said, HRRR is pretty much only FMH east.

Well that would be a pretty big bust if it beats every other model this close in. I understand the the reasons for a positive bust like snow growth etc, but I'm still staying conservative in my area because of any shift east. That's said, HRRR is pretty much only FMH east.

The latest HRRR I have has the 0.01 qpf line from like newport RI to PYM. It'll be interesting to see how the 00z nam trends. The 21z SREF took a pretty big hop east with it's 1" snow probs.

The latest HRRR I have has the 0.01 qpf line from like newport RI to PYM. It'll be interesting to see how the 00z nam trends. The 21z SREF took a pretty big hop east with it's 1" snow probs.

If the SREF's went that far east we're definitely going to get hit pretty hard tonight.

HRRR at least over MBY hasn't gotten one right this winter.   RAP has been better and seems to be adjusting positively at 0z.

Radar blossoming nicely now, we will see how it plays out.   1/3 or 2/4 still seems okay here.

Archived