joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 Hump Day Fluffer

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I got 13" out of that. The mid 80s to early 90s were so dreadful on LI for the most part I think that one was a top 3 for me. the banding was fairly localized too. I remember drawing up a snowfall plot based on the co-op reports for that storm. I think I posted it on eastern a long time ago.

Not much better in SNE, lol...esp after 1987. 1988-1989 through 1991-1992 was 4 consecutive winters without a 10" snowstorm in ORH. That is hard to do. Hard enough that it is the only time it ever it happened...of course, my first winter back in ORH from Texas was 1988-1989. :lol:

I'd like to be on Block Island watching that wall come in

Feb24_1020pm_Radar.gif

Yeah I'm kinda in a tough spot. Gradient should be pretty crazy. My forecast grids probably don't reflect what's really going to happen. I could see PWM getting shut out completely but someone up near Rockland ME getting something stupid like 9 or 10"

It's going to be painful watching radar. So close but yet so far.

Not much better in SNE, lol...esp after 1987. 1988-1989 through 1991-1992 was 4 consecutive winters without a 10" snowstorm in ORH. That is hard to do. Hard enough that it is the only time it ever it happened...of course, my first winter back in ORH from Texas was 1988-1989. :lol:

I'd like to be on Block Island watching that wall come in

Feb24_1020pm_Radar.gif

Sounds awful at first, and that is a horrific "steak" no matter how you cut it, I know that when I moved back after 11 years in Florida, I drove to ORH in Oct 2009 (about an HR to see a coating at ORH airport) and I would have been satisfied with a 30" winter. Thou not sure I could hold out for more than 2 years. Now I don't know how much snow can satisfy me, but ironically,  I still get  a bit excited for any light snow, when the event is actualy  occurring.   

I don't know if I can ever remember a storm like this for Nowcasting if it turns out the way the radar is saying.  (Say the next sentences with me in a Lester Holt Dateline Voice)  

8:30pm - 9:00pm  =  People saddened by bad trends and models showing not much of anything.  

9:20pm  =  Will points out that the radar may be doing some fun things.  Need to  Watch closely.  

10:30pm  =  Band of Snow is stronger and solidly more West than any model had.  

It's going to be painful watching radar. So close but yet so far.

That's generally been the case here in February...our longitude here in PWM to Gray has hurt us via the concave nature of the coast. It's been a BOS to Eastport snow train as a crow flies basically.

27.1/24 - Very Light Snow mixed with Graupel.  

Dusting so far… Light SSE wind.

Temp and dew rising steadily.

For those familiar with the area - Ginxy - Temp was 17 at the Bradford Post Office and 27 at Dunns Corners.  Difference of about 5 miles. 

27.1/24 - Very Light Snow mixed with Graupel.

Dusting so far… Light SSE wind.

Temp and dew rising steadily.

For those familiar with the area - Ginxy - Temp was 17 at the Bradford Post Office and 27 at Dunns Corners. Difference of about 5 miles.

you should do very well although just to your north say Rt 3 on the other side of that boundary will be the place to sit.

I don't know if I can ever remember a storm like this for Nowcasting if it turns out the way the radar is saying.  (Say the next sentences with me in a Lester Holt Dateline Voice)  

8:30pm - 9:00pm  =  People saddened by bad trends and models showing not much of anything.  

9:20pm  =  Will points out that the radar may be doing some fun things.  Need to  Watch closely.  

10:30pm  =  Band of Snow is stronger and solidly more West than any model had.  

You confuse observations with nowcasting.   When someone says the HRRR looks like crap, and others including pros point out it's had it's moments this winter (while others say it blows)...it's just personal observation and commentary.

I don't see anything happening that's ground breaking tonight.  I also don't really think it's all that much further west.  It's running along the edge of the precip shield on models which is what the banding often does....

You confuse observations with nowcasting.   When someone says the HRRR looks like crap, and others including pros point out it's had it's moments this winter (while others say it blows)...it's just personal observation and commentary.

I don't see anything happening that's ground breaking tonight.  I also don't really think it's all that much further west.  It's running along the edge of the precip shield on models which is what the banding often does....

I think if that blob makes it up to Windham CO CT without fading east, then I'm good.....if it peels off earlier, I'll hit the sack.

The 00z GFS seems to have a decent handle on this. You cna probably tighten up the gradient on the west side, but the meaningful precip clips the Twin Forks and then up into RI and BOS...that's what the radar suggests right now.

The 00z GFS seems to have a decent handle on this. You cna probably tighten up the gradient on the west side, but the meaningful precip clips the Twin Forks and then up into RI and BOS...that's what the radar suggests right now.

I think I'll miss, but I'll stay up until it becomes apparent.

Archived