joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 Hump Day Fluffer

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda wish I kept my wxtap acct. Always liked their regional mosaics. Maybe I'll get it again. Anyway, yeah...tough call around BOS. I guess if it starts pounding snow on my parents on the north fork of LI...I'd feel pretty good for the BOS area.

Yeha close call...just posted the latest loop above. In the core of that, it probably will rip at like 2" per hour given the soundings being so favorable for snow growth.

In addition to the monster storms we have had, I cannot remember a month with more weenie snow falling from the sky in between storms than this one. It seems like it is always snowing...sometimes they give a refresher, othertimes its just flakes, but it's been pretty crazy. Stowe, VT vs Beacon Hill

I wonder how many days this month BOS has had snow show up in the obs. Between OES, light events and heavier stuff, it's gotta be impressive in its own right.

Yeha close call...just posted the latest loop above. In the core of that, it probably will rip at like 2" per hour given the soundings being so favorable for snow growth.

Yeah I'm kinda in a tough spot. Gradient should be pretty crazy. My forecast grids probably don't reflect what's really going to happen. I could see PWM getting shut out completely but someone up near Rockland ME getting something stupid like 9 or 10"

OKX  has < 1" for just about all Long Island... looks like they are about to get slammed in next 15 minutes

wow did this blossom quickly, i like Ginxy's analogy, almost looks like a bow echo the way it's curving to the left

It's mainly just the hamptons that are going to get hit with that. Maybe Orient point gets it too.

25 year anniversary for that area...

2/24-25/90

Yeah, I got 13" out of that. The mid 80s to early 90s were so dreadful on LI for the most part I think that one was a top 3 for me. the banding was fairly localized too. I remember drawing up a snowfall plot based on the co-op reports for that storm. I think I posted it on eastern a long time ago.

Archived