Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 Hump Day Fluffer

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Will

Are we looking at anything with this set up Will that has you thinking some weenie band will form or some thing "explosive" could happen with a 5 or 6 spot in a town like EWB/PYM or something

The convergence is pretty good and I like the way the soundings look for snowgrowth..I could def see a weenie band of S+ for 3 hours somewhere. The biggest question will be how stable the convergence zone can hold...everything is moving NE pretty fast once it gets going, so that will be the limiting factor. But I wouldn't rule out a surprise somewhere.

It looks like I will do pretty well with this event.  I knew the models would come west once they lost the idea of the coastal storm.  they regained it roughly 24 hours ago.  However I think we can tick west some more before the snow gets here.  Also we could trend stronger with the surface low enhancing low level easterly flow.  Still some time to get into the 4-8" range.

Wow.

Thanks, gn.

It's probably spitting out like 23 to 1 ratios or something, lol.

It doesn't surprise me though looking at the soundings...the snow growth zone is deep and in an optimal pressure range so good ratios seem likely, though you'd probably wait on 20 to 1 in a forecast until the final 12-18 hours or so.

Archived