Newest Member
    CHSVol
Norlun Trough Discussion - Feb. 19

NorEastermass128

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just made the edge, even half mile down the street was about 3/4 inch less

It came together nicely.  I heard my text beep go off and it was Matt/Brett saying it was snowing.  Woke me up.  Stayed up through just about the whole band.  Right now these kind of events are perfect.  Low impact but drop high fluff factor.

I see the slant-sticker was out again in Lunenburg. 4.0"  LOL.

The threat was always there for a brief but intense event. 5.0" in 2 hours was certainly that.

yeah, but where's my 10-14"? Kidding. Was up at 330am and we only had a dusting. About 10min later it was dumping. Ended with 4". Old Standish stomping grounds claim 9". Maybe we'll pick up an inch with the frontal passage.

It came together nicely.  I heard my text beep go off and it was Matt/Brett saying it was snowing.  Woke me up.  Stayed up through just about the whole band.  Right now these kind of events are perfect.  Low impact but drop high fluff factor.

I see the slant-sticker was out again in Lunenburg. 4.0"  LOL.

I think the guy's yard stick has the first three inches chopped off.

I thought for sure this snow would have had some moisture with it since it was ~20F, yet it's probably the fluffiest snow all winter. How come?

These are usually fluff bombs. We had strong lift smack dab in the DGZ in these bands...sfc temps don't matter for ratios unless you have melting at the sfc.

Archived