joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Norlun Trough Discussion - Feb. 19

NorEastermass128

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So maybe this will be the Russell winter, looking good, then not so good then out of nowhere, a huge gift from a system that could have gone past you quite easily (the over-runner, now if Seattle had thought of that ...) Sorry about the 9-12 you can see what I was looking for but it just ran back for a safety in the Gulf of Maine.

So maybe this will be the Russell winter, looking good, then not so good then out of nowhere, a huge gift from a system that could have gone past you quite easily (the over-runner, now if Seattle had thought of that ...) Sorry about the 9-12 you can see what I was looking for but it just ran back for a safety in the Gulf of Maine.

We were all looking for it, but you were the only one who saw it. jk

Well thanx for having me, I love to visit forums with actual winter between my golfing days. Would say that BOS is 60-40 to beat the record, can see potential for at least 20-25 inches more snow on the long range models and there seems to be only minor changes in the large-scale patterns, this west coast ridge has no real quit in its future after getting a little tickle from the east next week, same thing has happened two or three other times with little lasting effect. And the feedback of this heavy snow cover will become more and more of a factor into late March and April as troughs look for a good place to hang out as the days get longer. My guess is that you will approach the record and finish it off with a nice April March (FMP) 7-incher.

KPSF (Pittsfield) obs looks suspect for the past few hours.  .03, .03, .06, and .09 liquid for the past 4 hours.  It looks like it's erroneously adding the previous 2 hours precip.  If the next hour records .15 we'll know it's an error.  Either that or they are seeing moderate to heavy snow.  That kind of liquid in this airmass would be 1-2" per hour snow.  Anybody in that area seeing snow?

Archived