Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 16th - February 17th Snow/Ice Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy sleet coming through the county now! Amazing.

The fetch come out of nega and the upstate, has been very steady for the last five hours.

Trying to image this without a warm noise ...

Glad Rutherford County got in on this, too many times y'all miss out on the good stuff while we rack up. Yea if it were all snow it would be a good 6-10 incher for most of us but I am enjoying the sleet still

I'm in Monroe, N.C. We've had freezing rain almost from the start with practically no snow/sleet to cut down the amounts. I'm pretty worried. I know a lot of people like winter weather no matter what, and I'll admit, it's exciting. But as that ice keeps accruing with strong radar returns continuing and temps hovering in the mid to upper 20s I'm getting memories of December 2002...

What I'm trying to figure out for N Georgia is we have this wedge solidly in place, in it looks to me that right on it' heels a "cold" front is pushing in from the NW to where winds shift out of the ENE to the NW.  Precip is lagging behind this front all the way back into Mississippi.  Since areas ahead of the front are already so close to freezing, seems to me that it could fall below freezing again rather quickly behind the front and a new round of zr could commence.  Any credence to this thought, or just being a weenie?

Roads done?

I don't see how you can safely drive on them right now. Granted my street isn't super busy so main roads may still be OK. With the amount of IP coming down now though it won't take long at all to get the main roads done for. Now throw on what's sure to be ZR on top of them and roads are screwed tomorrow. 

What I'm trying to figure out for N Georgia is we have this wedge solidly in place, in it looks to me that right on it' heels a "cold" front is pushing in from the NW to where winds shift out of the ENE to the NW. Precip is lagging behind this front all the way back into Mississippi. Since areas ahead of the front are already so close to freezing, seems to me that it could fall below freezing again rather quickly behind the front and a new round of zr could commence. Any credence to this thought, or just being a weenie?

probably not as the low is transferring to the coast.

Archived