joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th - February 17th Snow/Ice Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy I did not expect the CAD to perform this well. I knew it would perform a little better than model expectations, but this is amazing, given the lack of a strong parent high in the NE.

Still moderate sleet here. I'd say we're over a half inch now. That stuff is not so easy to walk on, surprisingly.

I agree with you. I really didn't think we'd have precip with temps in the teens and low 20s. Pretty amazing.

Boy I did not expect the CAD to perform this well. I knew it would perform a little better than model expectations, but this is amazing, given the lack of a strong parent high in the NE.

Still moderate sleet here. I'd say we're over a half inch now. That stuff is not so easy to walk on, surprisingly.

Never underestimate the power of saturating really dry air lol

Pretty surreal scene here with so many cracking of trees outside. Glad to see the back edge of the rain but just about to get back into the heavier stuff. winds have turned out of the north now which is usually the sign of a mature self substained wedge here. Temp is at 31.2..which is about a half a degree higher than earlier. Not fast enough though.

He didn't say they would be fine, just that there is a small window for melting where travel could be possible.

Oh ok he said "roads get better by 11am" so that's open for interpretation. To most people that means get in the car at 11am.

Thunder sleet ?? I would have Cantore beat! Never heard of it happening! Someone mentioned thunder ice in the discussion leading up to this storm! Heavy sleet here now, up to 31.3

I've seen it here several times before. It's pretty cool.

btw, gfs at least got it right at initialization showing a temp of 30.

Archived