joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, not that impressed so far.  I know it is early ... I'm not tossing this event into obscurity of forgettable mediocrity just yet; but looking all the way west through NYS this is a shred-fest on radar.  You start snowing at 1/4 mi vis and fifteen minutes later it's back up to 2 mi in grains ... rinse repeat ... It's got to fill in with more one and two/three level greens.  We do have very cold air at the surface... I haven't checked the temperatures in the snow growth depths of the sounding, because between that and surface dictates ratios/stack-up-ability.  

Another storm in the teens here along Rt 2... actually, might even be single digits later.  Impressive.

i got family there too lol  my grandfather lives about 15 miles wsw of coaticook  baldwin mills on lake lyster he also has a golf course behind his house and on the 16th green is the us canadian border you can walk there in about 10 minutes lol   u/s is on the left 

post-1782-0-01894700-1423436112_thumb.jp

I did some great weenie drives around Lake Memphremagog when doing the obligatory plymouth to montreal trips in school. Depths were just like this, awesome place up there.

6-12" more for me, 12-20" for you.

I'd guess 6-12 up here ray. I feel like your solidly in that 12-20 area just on the fringe of the 18-25 jack we end up seeing somewhere within 128. The way that coastal front fluctuates west tonight on its northern portion should allow you to get into some good banding on the western side of the cf.

Archived