joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew a lot of people would be pretty unimpressed by the rates in this one before it started. There will be bursts every now and then, but this isn't a big blob of omega like last Monday.

As I said in earlier post, totals won't be super impressive here but the snow is dense and will be at least a moderate impact event out this way come daylight.

Ocean st wx, is the Red line (which is heading west)  going to over take the orange (diffuse line/front) and pretty much tighten up the gradient in your opinion, or do you anticipate blue line moving westward with it eventually.

Also I would assume if this gradient tightens we may actually see some nice CF enhancement bands

I expect these more or less to combine and become indiscernible as one coastal front. I'm thinking that the good push of easterly flow coming off the water will eventually overtake the two original boundaries.

South Shore down towards the Cape will suffer the most because ageostrophic low level flow will still be onshore, versus parallel to the coast near BOS and north.

I knew a lot of people would be pretty unimpressed by the rates in this one before it started. There will be bursts every now and then, but this isn't a big blob of omega like last Monday.

it's more than the rates, we knew those would be coming and going

It was the box forecast which lift peoples expectation's (I didn't buy them) but what I did buy was a favorable coastal Front location for my area and I guess I will see how that plays out later tonite which is why i'm glad we have another 30 hrs. It began to look unfavorable for Ray last nite but I had some wiggle room.

Definitely fun to track

I expect these more or less to combine and become indiscernible as one coastal front. I'm thinking that the good push of easterly flow coming off the water will eventually overtake the two original boundaries.

South Shore down towards the Cape will suffer the most because ageostrophic low level flow will still be onshore, versus parallel to the coast near BOS and north.

look in New York nice easterly flow setting up, expect radar will blossom as that moves east, good stuff

Still can't get good snows going in the northern Taconics.  Steady light snow for the past several hours but we're averaging about 1/3" per hour.  We're running well behind model projections from a day ago.  It seems like the best overrunning has set up from about Saratoga NY to extreme southern VT all day today.

good thing this has another 30 hours to go

LOL

Things seem to be going as expected..... at least around here... light to moderate snow slowly but surely adding up

Agreed.  I'm calling it 5" now as I clear one last time before hitting the hay.  If I can muster 7" between now and the time it ends, I'll have a foot; the best of the year.  If I can't muster 7", I can I won't have a foot.  :)

Good night folks--enjoy the storm.

11.3/9

Archived