EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how Harvey gave our small town a mention during his 10pm weather break in. The ocean enhanced snow is a thing of beauty down in our area, given the right variables in place. I'd estimate we've picked up 7.5" since last night and temps continuing to fall. It's such a relief that we don't have to worry about any sort of mixing even close to the shore.

I love how Harvey gave our small town a mention during his 10pm weather break in. The ocean enhanced snow is a thing of beauty down in our area, given the right variables in place. I'd estimate we've picked up 7.5" since last night and temps continuing to fall. It's such a relief that we don't have to worry about any sort of mixing even close to the shore.

There's going to be a big surprise max on the south shore, was saying that even yesterday.  I'm surprised by the extent of the cold drain (Plymouth down to 22 and dropping with no signs of it abating).

Will have to watch how it plays out as it could still shift the banding some - HRRR cannot really get a grasp of the cold and is still missing how far onto the Cape/Islands it's pushed.  It adjusts a little each run but still not enough.

Scott wins this round on the RGEM.  this general idea looks great to me, where I'd expect the max to be.

48 hour total snow.

0uX2tlp.jpg

Based on current obs from the front window and radar etc I'd almost shove those colors another 20mi E.  

Unfortunately there will be a lot of people disappointed in what is actually a pretty good storm. 

i'm not sure about that based on meso models but they have been constantly wrong on the cold push so who knows

What is you temp, It looks like it is 33 in part of Norwell http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=42.399700&lon=-71.031601&zoom=10&wxsn=1

Based on current obs from the front window and radar etc I'd almost shove those colors another 20mi E.  

Unfortunately there will be a lot of people disappointed in what is actually a pretty good storm. 

Maybe a little.  the heavy band is on the cold side of the boundary near Halifax which is temporarily slinking SE again.

Agree .....would like a bit of Met imput as to wether the CF enhancement will ever get going over Essex County. I guess box doesn't know so this is pretty much up in the air. Maybe we will suck subsidence exhaust from a s shore band

Archived