• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

I dunno. I did get 4.0" at my place in Hubbardston at 7AM. It was ripping pretty good at Wachusett for awhile after that (I was skiing)

The numbers could be right but it does look weird. I would hope the NWS checks to see if they are the same people

I could see it too, I guess it seemed on the high side still but nothing egregious.  More importantly, it must have been a fine day for skiing.  Glad you got to get out and enjoy it.  Might be busy tomorrow with all the schools closing. 

1.5" new sn- 9/7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see it too, I guess it seemed on the high side still but nothing egregious.  More importantly, it must have been a fine day for skiing.  Glad you got to get out and enjoy it.  Might be busy tomorrow with all the schools closing. 

1.5" new sn- 9/7

This morning was some of the best skiing I have ever had there. It should be busy there if folks can get out that way.

5.5" total so far. Is your 1.5" just from this evening?

I measure a 1.4" snowpack gain lol. This stuff is dense. I'll get a ratio tomorrow, but I'm guessing 7 or 8 to 1. As others have said, it's like sugar snow. I agree on the underperformer.

Underperformer so far.  Net neutral in terms of snowpack.  Was hoping to enjoy some weekend snow.  At least it's been pretty outside just for walking around.

Man, snow growth is terrible, was walking home from dinner(Boston Burger Company with an old friend, highly recommended if you're local or in the area. http://www.bostonburgerco.com),and intensity was pretty heavy the whole walk back but it's like little pinhead sized grains of sand at best. I'll call it SN, but it's got to be one of the worst SN's per hour I've ever had.

Guessing 1-1.5" new or so since the heavier stuff came in around 630-7 ish, didn't measure though. Need to see snow growth improve or this is going to be a bust I think at least here.

Can definitely see the secondary push west up north.  Meanwhile the vineyard still drops,  down to 27.6...27.4 colder than logan soon?

Quite the cold tuck while further north the front kisses Boston harbor... as Sbos said, I think this actually just spreads the wealth more

That Scituate school is up to 31.2 (from nadir 26 around 8pm)

Still watching Hull peninsula... should start to tick up very soon

Quite the cold tuck while further north the front kisses Boston harbor... as Sbos said, I think this actually just spreads the wealth more

Looks to me like the push from offshore will overtake the original colder boundary shortly near the SE corner of Hull.

Man, snow growth is terrible, was walking home from dinner(Boston Burger Company with an old friend, highly recommended if you're local or in the area. http://www.bostonburgerco.com),and intensity was pretty heavy the whole walk back but it's like little pinhead sized grains of sand at best. I'll call it SN, but it's got to be one of the worst SN's per hour I've ever had.

Guessing 1-1.5" new or so since the heavier stuff came in around 630-7 ish, didn't measure though. Need to see snow growth improve or this is going to be a bust I think at least here.

I told Boughton 1.75 qpf with 11 inches yesterday but figure once that east winds kicks in  and salt nuclei and lift gets you guys producing

last night snow growth was pretty good into this morning as well.

Anyone have good snow growth right now?

Max,  Have you measured?

I have .6" Sat., 1" overnight, and 2.5" this evening for 4.1" total.

I wasn't home before it started snowing again, but the first two snowfalls are the same.0.6" and 1", but since it started up again I have no clue. I'll go with 2.5" as the first two were the same as mine. I cleared when I came back home though, so since 8:20pm I am on the clock. Will measure at 11:20pm and then again at 2:20AM before I go to bed.

well Cape ann is rising but damn sensor south of Hull, ma just took a dive again. Looks like that is the area the CF may be pivoting around

One of the weirder years I can remember..like the blizzard where the vineyard put up over 20 with boston and Worcester, just doesn't happen.   chillmark is about to drop into the 26s....that's a surprise to me, models had it way warmer at 12z/18z, and the 0z models insist it would be warming by about now.  

Maybe I'm not sure it'll matter much for snow totals for me, I will still be warmish.  I am curious to see what the RGEM does now with that sliver of max qpf.

last night snow growth was pretty good into this morning as well.

Anyone have good snow growth right now?

Yeah I slept in this morning and missed most of the good stuff, but when I went out for a quick walk last night it was snowing nicely. We had one period for maybe 15 minutes this afternoon where it was good flakes but other then that it's been awful.

I wasn't home before it started snowing again, but the first two snowfalls are the same.0.6" and 1", but since it started up again I have no clue. I'll go with 2.5" as the first two were the same as mine. I cleared when I came back home though, so since 8:20pm I am on the clock. Will measure at 11:20pm and then again at 2:20AM before I go to bed.

Just did my 6 hr clear.  Going to bed now. 

Looks to me like the push from offshore will overtake the original colder boundary shortly near the SE corner of Hull.

It already has based on some of the obs, winds back to onshore north of Plymouth Harbor.  Soon as they turn a bit inland the cold air will get cutoff.

Chillmark down to 26.9 in the meantime.

I think a weak little impulse snuck east of the islands in the last hour or two, was just enough to back winds but it's impact will soon be muted.

My BOS call was 9-15 and I feel rill rill good about it.

Archived