• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

This could be the first storm were rooting on warmth to tick west in a long time...lol.

I posted in the disco thread that 5.2 at BOS 7pm total. Limping slowly towards verification.

Absolutely... and CF is slowly ticking west on velocities.

Per 01z HRRR, we should watch Hull start to tick up from its current 20-22F in the next hour.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you look at cape ann down to salem ma you can see echoes there have been putrid for the last several hours. Not sure buy I believe there is dry air being drained  down from SW maine and NH but I see this often in NE mass. Sometimes more Merrimack valley and sometimes where it is now.

It may be the FU sliver to the west of the best low level forcing, too.

In fact most of Falmouth just took a dive too...so cold air is still pressing southeast at least down here.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Not unexpected... I think the front pushes west further north with a cold tuck southeast, so that the front almost hugs the contour of the coast. At least per HRRR. So you could see temps warmer than you directly north of you.

Not unexpected... I think the front pushes west further north with a cold tuck southeast, so that the front almost hugs the contour of the coast. At least per HRRR. So you could see temps warmer than you directly north of you.

not unexpected based on the latest HRRR runs, but not the earlier ones.  Will be curious to see if models continue to bust on the cold or if they've caught up finally.

Measure 2.9" at 8pm. (1.5 on board from 2:00-8:00), at .25" per hour. When I wiped the board off, it felt like sand. Flakes are still small.

Underperformer so far.  Net neutral in terms of snowpack.  Was hoping to enjoy some weekend snow.  At least it's been pretty outside just for walking around.

LOL

Agreed.  I'm calling it 5" now as I clear one last time before hitting the hay.  If I can muster 7" between now and the time it ends, I'll have a foot; the best of the year.  If I can't muster 7", I can I won't have a foot.  :)

Good night folks--enjoy the storm.

11.3/9

Didn't you have 14" last monday?  

I don't even care about totals anymore, plenty of snow otg, I really don't care that somebody E of me has more as there is a nice 12+ snowy hours ahead and as I look out the window the driveway spotlight says SN/SN+.

I'm heading out to play.  Enjoy everyone!

:snowing:

not unexpected based on the latest HRRR runs, but not the earlier ones. Will be curious to see if models continue to bust on the cold or if they've caught up finally.

the hrrr several runs ago didn't push the cf west until at least midnight. One met (forgot who, sorry) just said it will reach there in 2 hours or so. Looks right on time. Cold tuck overperforming down there is helping to spread wealth.

Archived