wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree .....would like a bit of Met imput as to wether the CF enhancement will ever get going over Essex County. I guess box doesn't know so this is pretty much up in the air. Maybe we will suck subsidence exhaust from a s shore band

It will at some point it's just a matter of how far off the beach it gets up there.

Where it's aligns like over Kingston right now it's heavy snow.  Blistering rates in that band.

Didn't see posted earlier... Box reasserts CF moving further northwest as east flow becomes established

Near term /through Monday/...
10 PM update...

At 10 PM generally light snow covered the region with pockets of near moderate snow. Satellite and regional radar indicate higher intensity precipitation approaching southern New England around midnight. The challenge to the overnight forecast is that the precipitation may show considerable mesoscale variations. Also suspect that some ocean effect snow is continuing to enhance accumulation along much of the Plymouth County coast.

Had to adjust temperatures down over southeast Massachusetts where the Arctic front settled further south than forecast. Even Block Island is in the middle 20s and New Bedford had dropped to 21. Could see this with the correlation coefficient radar image which suggests that the mixed precipitation is generally confined to the immediate South Coast with snow to the north. Models suggest that coastal front will become reestablished further northwest to near or perhaps a little southeast of the i95 corridor as a stronger east-northeast onshore wind becomes established toward Monday morning. It is just to the northwest of the coastal front where one would expect enhanced lift and heavier precipitation/snow.

i'm not sure about that based on meso models but they have been constantly wrong on the cold push so who knows

What is you temp, It looks like it is 33 in part of Norwell http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=42.399700&lon=-71.031601&zoom=10&wxsn=1

Wow, I didn't even know about those nearby observatons. On that note, I guess we are close to freezing, which is definitely higher than I would have thought. I suppose I'm a little overconfident about staying all snow after the last storm we had never changed over, or at least only very briefly. We do have a bit of an advantage being located in a hilly part of town, probably about 200' in elevation. That might also explain why our neighborhood is the last to lose its snow come early spring lol. By the way, thanks for the link. Ever since my weatherbug app randomly stopped working I've had to rely on nearby observations, such as those in Scituate to get a fairly accurate temperature reading.

It's like the hare and the tortoise. Slowly but surely we're adding snow. Snowpack is noticeably higher to the point of awesomeness. And with another 24 hours of snow, say 10 inches, I probably verify 16+. Deep deep winter this year....and it keeps on rocking on.

It's definitely pretty out there... preexisting piles now look fresh.

But snowgrowth kinda awful right now.

Archived