joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And those whack Fitchburg, Leominster, Lunenburg numbers are there. 11.2,11.0,11.0. All clusters around midnight

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

LOL.  I'm curious as to what the spurious Greenfield spotter will have up this morning.  He had 7 last night at 9:00p.m.  I'm sitting at 8.5 since from Saturday night on.

And those whack Fitchburg, Leominster, Lunenburg numbers are there. 11.2,11.0,11.0. All clusters around midnight

Every storm could pretty much be verified depending on which reports are selected.

I thought the death band would be ripping by now. Instead just the same bands into plymouth and Bristol counties.

Is it the same spotter driving around or something?

Sometimes the time stamps on those reports don't mean much though, they can also be when the NWS puts them into the system.  I've noticed that when I submit reports it may not necessarily be the time the report is submitted, but the time it goes into the PNS or uploaded to the system.

event total so far 4 inches, weve added a little over 3 new to the pack so pack roughly even with last mondays peak of 18 inches....this is like heart attack snow, ratios seem less than 10 to 1

They were like that up here too based on J.Spin's liquid analysis.  If this was fluff like the first round was, we'd have like 12-15" total by now.  Its been like 8:1 ratios the past 24 hours. 

Every storm could pretty much be verified depending on which reports are selected.

I thought the death band would be ripping by now. Instead just the same bands into plymouth and Bristol counties.

At least Boston had the forethought (sarcasm) to close school today and tomorrow.  What an idiotic move--even if it ends up being cancel-worthy tomorrow, why would you make the decision on Sunday when you could make it today with more knowledge of what the situation would be?  As we all know, weather is fickle.....

Sometimes the time stamps on those reports don't mean much though, they can also be when the NWS puts them into the system. I've noticed that when I submit reports it may not necessarily be the time the report is submitted, but the time it goes into the PNS or uploaded to the system.

It was me and Phil. He's riding shotgun.

Pounding down here right now nice band formed.

Sometimes the time stamps on those reports don't mean much though, they can also be when the NWS puts them into the system.  I've noticed that when I submit reports it may not necessarily be the time the report is submitted, but the time it goes into the PNS or uploaded to the system.

Mine get recorded at the time I post them.

Who knows, but those three have been all within 0.2" and were way over anything else and within a few minutes. Looks suspicious.

In the blizzard, NWS tossed the Lunenburg number

At least Boston had the forethought (sarcasm) to close school today and tomorrow. What an idiotic move--even if it ends up being cancel-worthy tomorrow, why would you make the decision on Sunday when you could make it today with more knowledge of what the situation would be? As we all know, weather is fickle.....

The entire eastern part of the state is cancelled.

Band will bend back towards Boston now, can see the top of the band twisting west as the under part bends east as the entire thing aligns. Band down here is associated with the cold pushing back towards the canal

Live in an apt so hard to keep accuracy but has to be around 16" here, was about 8" last night and an additional 8" roughly this morning. Looks like I didn't even shovel last night between snow and light blowing snow.

Again, no accurate measurements but seems about on point and saw Norwell FD tweeted the same approx.

BOS limping to totals on one leg. Probably 10-12 next reading at 7, 15 at 7pm, verification of 18-24 tonight, and a nearly 2 foot event having a 4-8 appeal outside of the south shore. Still fun and ridiculous snowpack now. Radar still looks like Swiss cheese but that stuff in western ct will be interesting if it hold up and makes it here.

I would say that is a pretty good guess. Awful hard to reach 18-24 inches of sand.

Live in an apt so hard to keep accuracy but has to be around 16" here, was about 8" last night and an additional 8" roughly this morning. Looks like I didn't even shovel last night between snow and light blowing snow.

Again, no accurate measurements but seems about on point and saw Norwell FD tweeted the same approx.

Yeah and they were on the warmer side of the CF too, although now the CF is near the split. That sounds about right.

Mine get recorded at the time I post them.

Yeah I've had it both ways.  Which is why I wonder if its something that if they post them immediately as you send them, or if someone is busy for a bit and they get posted a half hour or hour later I've seen the time different.  Most of the time its pretty close to the time of report (within 15 minutes).  But I was just wondering as those three reports have been coming in at the same time for the past few days, it was just an idea.

Archived