SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mental note: when I win the lottery re-rock the upstairs and replace all the insulation.  Spent about three hours Saturday raking the roof, shoveling off the porch roof and melting ice dams.  My new neighbor: "Why are you carrying steaming buckets of hot water around your house?"  Me: "Shut up."  

I get to to that again tomorrow, from the looks of things.  I'm not sure what we have so far but I cleared maybe four inches off the driveway yesterday and five early this morning.  

I wouldn't have it any other way, though! 

Any reports on CT coast? I thought I read one for only a bit of sleet. Sure looked like a super sharp cutoff for southern third of the state last night.

All sleet here...20 degrees.  Had a snowshower last evening that put down a dusting.   Big disapppointment even though were were only supposed to get 2-4 inches...not happening.

-

edit-some snow mixing in with this heavy band moving thru.

A whole 2.25" since yesterday afternoon (4.25" including Sat night).

Just cloudy and cold now.

Board of education must be besides themselves for closing school.  This is at least the 3rd closure that should not have been.

1st one was based on weather forecasts and the fact it was a big travel day. 2nd one was at the request of the 1st Selectman and the highway department. Today, it's snowing, and probably will all day. 

Archived