joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone thing the timing and similarity of these three reports is suspicious?  Everyone else was about 1.5" (or more) less. 

WORCESTER COUNTY...

FITCHBURG              5.5   941 AM  2/08  TRAINED SPOTTER

LUNENBURG              5.5   943 AM  2/08  TRAINED SPOTTER

LEOMINSTER             5.4   942 AM  2/08  TRAINED SPOTTER

Pixie dust now, ftl.

Clinch leathercrotch  Driving up and down rte 2 with a slanted ruler? Jk

No wonder Don S chose Lunenburg in the Snow contest for this storm-he has a guy on the inside lol

How high are the snowbanks around Boston?  Living up here in NH I can only get a sense of what I see in a news report or something. Are cars.

Anyhow this is an obs thread   6.9F light snow increasing in intensity  3.2" so far.  Bridgewater, Central NH

In the Back Bay some are 6-10 feet high. I was walking down Boylston and a city van with a speaker was announcing a snow emergency and to move your cars. It reminded me of a nuclear release and telling people to stay inside. Haha.

How high are the snowbanks around Boston? Living up here in NH I can only get a sense of what I see in a news report or something. Are cars.

Anyhow this is an obs thread 6.9F light snow increasing in intensity 3.2" so far. Bridgewater, Central NH

Most of downtown has had snow removed. Snowbanks in neighborhoods are much taller than me

Snowing moderately to near heavy at times in the band stretching from ENY into S. VT.

I was just about to post that the south side of the band is RIGHT on the VT/MA line.  GFS got that right, I think.

Me, ftl.  At least I had that nice burst.  Still SN, though.  Hopefully flakes will improve.

In the Back Bay some are 6-10 feet high. I was walking down Boylston and a city van with a speaker was announcing a snow emergency and to move your cars. It reminded me of a nuclear release and telling people to stay inside. Haha.

Yeah, I was going to say 5-10' minimum throughout the city, where the plows are putting snow.  Everywhere else, they are as high as folks are able to reach with their shovels and snow blowers.  Way higher than the sight lines of cars. 

The Newport (UUU) ASOS is located at a small state airport in the middle of the island in the town of Middletown a few miles north of downtown Newport.  It's temperature reading is never accurate and colder than ground truth...but nevertheless I'm surprised temps have dipped below freezing down here even if it's not 28 as UUU suggests.  Temps spiked to around 37 this afternoon.  We shall see how short-lived these below freezing temps are.

Archived