EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two boundaries. Boundary 1 lowers temps below 30 and that's pushing down through NW PYM county. The true CF is over my fanny. You can see both boundaries on TDWR. Boundary 1 is really moving SE.

I shifted the lines a little east of their true location just so people could see the boundary in the velocity product.

Boundary 1, as you say, is making a clear push southeast. Boundary 2 is more or less sagging slowly east. I'm watching the CWOP in Hull to see what their temp does in the next hour or so.

Time of arrival tool says in the next 15 minutes Hull should drop into the upper teens.

post-44-0-26218200-1423427288_thumb.png

Should be close. Very highest totals might be in those elevated S weymouth areas.

CF is going to make headway west later on tonight, so I think Weymouth gets buried but best banding might be somewhere near downtown or a little further west... It's more of an east west thing if you look at the hires 10mwinds/2m temps... So Ray might actually be getting it good at the same time Milton or just west of there is tonight.

CF is going to make headway west later on tonight, so I think Weymouth gets buried but best banding might be somewhere near downtown or a little further west... It's more of an east west thing if you look at the hires 10mwinds/2m temps... So Ray might actually be getting it good at the same time Milton or just west of there is tonight.

Jay you have any links to maps for which you are saying.

Sounds like you are implying  the CF sort of pivots Westward into  Essex County (while not pushing that far west to the south)  and lines up more N-S do big cut off are more west-east.

Right now The front is east of Cape ann, so that would be quite the push to get good enhancement  near Ray IMO, I'm hoping I can have a shot and i'm 10 miles SE of him.

Sounds like you are implying  the CF sort of pivots Westward into  Essex County (while not pushing that far west to the south)  and lines up more N-S do big cut off are more west-east.

Right now The front is east of Cape ann, so that would be quite the push to get good enhancement  near Ray IMO, I'm hoping I can have a shot and i'm 10 miles SE of him.

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/jsloopLocalDiskDateDomainZipZ.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr_ncep_jet:&runTime=2015020817&plotName=temp_t32m&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR%20Model%20Fields%20-%20Experimental&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=t3

Right, the southern end pushes south and east as it's doing now. The northern end will wiggle back to the west.

Almost like there is a pivot point keeping the middle locked in place somewhere near the Norfolk/Bristol County borders.

I shifted the lines a little east of their true location just so people could see the boundary in the velocity product.

Boundary 1, as you say, is making a clear push southeast. Boundary 2 is more or less sagging slowly east. I'm watching the CWOP in Hull to see what their temp does in the next hour or so.

Time of arrival tool says in the next 15 minutes Hull should drop into the upper teens.

attachicon.giftbos.png

Very nice, I just pulled up my Radarscope and clearly evident the movement to the SE.

This has gone from an interior NE ma jackpot to a Milton to BOS to the tip of cape ann jackpot. Anyone within 128 is gonna get mauled. I'm a little too far NW in Andover, likely Ray is too.

I should go to BOS, but I might not. Area would be a disaster to travel around.

Yea, it has.

Archived