Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note 3 or 4 hands down

I agree. I have the note 4.perfect phone especially if you do a lot of weather stuff online and in social media. Easy to get screen shots, there are split screen options, etc

I just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S5 from an HTC.  I love it - faster, voice recognition is far better - great camera and it easily syncs with my pc

Thanks folks. I was a little intimidated by the size of the Note 4 when I last looked into it, but I do spend quite a bit of time browsing the web on mobile, so a large screen is probably a good idea.

Thanks folks. I was a little intimidated by the size of the Note 4 when I last looked into it, but I do spend quite a bit of time browsing the web on mobile, so a large screen is probably a good idea.

I have the Note 4 and love it. You will get used to the size very quickly. I love the screen size for my aging eyes.

I have the Note 4 and love it. You will get used to the size very quickly. I love the screen size for my aging eyes.

If you go to YouTube, there is a video of 50 tricks and tips for the note 4. Definitely check it out. There are many swipes and actions you can do to stop be able to use the cell phone with one hand like a normal size sell phone.

Insane.  Should they get the Thursday deal, they could have a shot at 90-100 inches in 3-4 weeks time.

I don't wish rain on Boston. That'd be disastrous. But 40 and sunny?

Payback will come in May with backdoor cold fronts that lock in southern New England with fog and drizzle and temperatures in the 40s for weeks as NYC basks in 70 degree southwesterlies under full sun and bikini booming beach days. Climate doesn't hold grudges, but snowpacks can and do hold a lot of resistance to Spring's onset. They can shovel all the snow they want, it won't build them any sand castles when they're donning coats and umbrellas insteads of shorts and sun dresses.

Payback will come in May with backdoor cold fronts that lock in southern New England with fog and drizzle and temperatures in the 40s for weeks as NYC basks in 70 degree southwesterlies under full sun and bikini booming beach days. Climate doesn't hold grudges, but snowpacks can and do hold a lot of resistance to Spring's onset. They can shovel all the snow they want, it won't build them any sand castles when they're donning coats and umbrellas insteads of shorts and sun dresses.

I'd trade places in a heartbeat. Spring just means that Summer is on the way. Blech.

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...

INCREDIBLE MESOSCALE SNOWSTORM ACROSS E COASTAL MA WHERE

STATIONARY COASTAL FRONT PROVIDING ENHANCED CONVERGENCE AND

PERSISTENT BANDS OF HEAVY SNOW. ALREADY UP TO 2 FEET OF SNOW FROM

NEAR BOS TO THE SOUTH SHORE. HI-RES GUIDANCE IS DOING A GOOD JOB

SIMULATING THE HEAVIER QPF IN THIS AREA AND WE USED A BLEND OF THE

AVAILABLE HI-RES GUIDANCE WHICH INDICATES POTENTIAL FOR AN

ADDIITONAL 4-8 INCHES SNOWFALL AFTER 18Z WHICH WOULD BRING SOME

LOCATIONS TO AROUND 30 INCHES...ESPECIALLY SOUTH OF BOSTON.

:axe:

With all the threads right now, is there any way that a mod can pin the storm discussion and obs threads as the event draws closer so it's easier to find? They do that in the NE forum and it works really well. So for example, if the Thursday storm is a legitimate threat to our area, perhaps the discussion thread could be pinned on Wednesday or something like that?

Archived