joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are whining our way into a pretty decent winter, some impressive cold and it's very likely that most of us will finish with at least average snowfall (although I think most places close to NYC will have eclipsed that by late next week)

I like that "we are whining our way into a pretty decent winter" sums things up perfectly.

Pretty shrewd of the driver to post the video online...do people still not understand how that backfires?

The description on the youtube page indicated he got fired for this.  It seemed like he was doing what he was supposed to do; his crime was enjoying it too much and then posting online.  It's not like he was deliberately knocking over mailboxes or pushing snow where he was not supposed to.  Admittedly, he does sound like a sick SOB. 

It wasn't something he should have got fired for (he's not the only sick @#$% driving a snowplow), but if he knew enough about how to take the video and post it, he should have been smart enough to know how dysfunctional the whole social media environment is (i.e., don't post anything that could possibly cast you in a bad light in anyone's eyes).

The description on the youtube page indicated he got fired for this.  It seemed like he was doing what he was supposed to do; his crime was enjoying it too much and then posting online.  It's not like he was deliberately knocking over mailboxes or pushing snow where he was not supposed to.  Admittedly, he does sound like a sick SOB. 

It wasn't something he should have got fired for (he's not the only sick @#$% driving a snowplow), but if he knew enough about how to take the video and post it, he should have been smart enough to know how dysfunctional the whole social media environment is (i.e., don't post anything that could possibly cast you in a bad light in anyone's eyes).

Thats an old video not this year

watch it show something epic at 18z to flip at 0z.

If it's going to fold to the other guidance it'll do it at 0z IMO. But man, it is the only model showing zippo for us right now. It has a total non event and the ONLY reason you can't totally throw it out is because GFS has done well with northern stream systems

If it's going to fold to the other guidance it'll do it at 0z IMO. But man, it is the only model showing zippo for us right now. It has a total non event and the ONLY reason you can't totally throw it out is because GFS has done well with northern stream systems

gfs has been amazing the best model without a doubt. But don't forget it's not perfect and just two days ago we had a 3-6 inch snow event for tomorrow depicted by the GFS so it can fail big time too.

It's just not gunna happen for us..cant break the pattern

It's the AO/NAO just not cooperating ideally for many of us. The strat warming that we need to perturb the Arctic vortex needed to be quite significant and had to happen a few weeks back. It just hasn't been significant and has not occurred when we needed it to. There's a decent chance for this storm this weekend to work out better than what the 18z GFS shows but I honestly would not be surprised if this threat fizzles out for many folks on other modeling as we get closer.

Most likely that is wrong. Please refer to my map several posts above for accurate snowfall predictions for select areas

LOL

The GGEM takes your snowfall map and throws it in the garbage. Front end dump and then over to pouring rain for Boston and SNE. My heart is breaking for them.

Hang on, let me see if I can find the post, it flew over your head back there.

I can see why this winter was forecast to be very cold and snowy a few months back, but unfortunately the one ingredient forecasters thought we would get, the AO, just didn't happen. If the AO averaged negative this winter we probably would've had prolific snowfall amounts because the pacific has been fantastic in providing the cold. 

The factors in determining the winter AO are not as strong as we once thought, but it'll improve future forecasts in the coming years. 

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Massachusetts/Places/worcester-snowfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php

The official 1981-2010 annual snowfall AVE for Worcester is 64.1", to your original point regarding shadowing Windsor Locks annual AVE is 40.5".

Yes "Current Results" is my "website of choice" when I am seeking climatological advice or guidance...

I told you the averages already...Bradley Field just under 50"....Worcester Airport just under 80".  This discussion is over.

Archived