joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to kiss A$$, but I like what Doorman brings here.  A lot of sound links about the pattern/upcoming storms and a mix of guidance opinions lending to the potential, without the arguing and banter.  He has also been much more accurate than many others here and other places online/TV this winter IMO.  Keep up the good work.  Very educational too. 

That's about right

If you are going to troll, at least have the decency to find some semi passable material...

<Feels the *most* intense trepidation as I await The Plowsman's next sterling slavo with bated breath>

Not to kiss A$$, but I like what Doorman brings here. A lot of sound links about the pattern/upcoming storms and a mix of guidance opinions lending to the potential, without the arguing and banter. He has also been much more accurate than many others here and other places online/TV this winter IMO. Keep up the good work. Very educational too.

I also appreciate what DM does. He shows us the pond, river, or lake offers us reel and rod - tackle and bait. Thus, encouraging us to fish.....

Lol Don on a serious note, do you think the -AMO we are entering will lead to less Atlantic hurricanes?

If the AMO- is like the last episode during roughly the 1970s into the 1990s, there will likely be a reduction in Atlantic hurricanes. Perhaps the recent drop off might have something to do with the AMO's transition?

The following is a good resource on the AMO-Atlantic hurricane relationship:

http://www.wcrp-climate.org/decadal/rsmas_decadal/talks/Day2/Enfield_rsmas.pdf

If you are going to troll, at least have the decency to find some semi passable material...

The Plowsman's next sterling slavo with bated breath>

I was just pointing out that you're obviously naive to main stream phrases due to your due diligence in being wrapped so tightly in the throes of weather climo circles. Its all good.

Here's hoping for a trend!

It's the NAM, toss it.

It's 6z, 18z, toss it.

The Ukie's overrated.

The GGEM is always warm.

The Euro is always right.

It's the GFS, what do you expect?

The 0z runs tonight are really important. If not them, then for sure 12z tomorrow.

It's 96/72/48/24 hours out, PLENTY of time to change for the better.

We're WAY out of it's range, toss it.

Did you see the low shift NW on radar?

It's backbuilding!

It's going to fill in, don't worry.

How could I have forgotten:

With ratios, you can easily double those amounts.

Hoping we crack 60 in the next 3 weeks

Sun angle, warm fronts, rain, weenies gone for 6 to 8 month.

No talk of snow ratios.

Easier to measure rain too.

I'm also looking forward to the warmer temps at least. It's been way too cold but probably by the third week we'll introduce warmer temps. Climo alone would suggest we do.

Unfortunately the worst cold of the season is yet to come and I'm not looking forward to it.

How could I have forgotten:

With ratios, you can easily double those amounts.

Or.....Last run showed 15-20" for us, this run 3-6", which is still a very good hit for our area. No reason to be disappointed. The NAM, GFS, RGEM, NAVGEM, Canadian and Euro have been bad lately anyway.....Let's see what the JMA has to say before jumping ship

Just give me the secret LAM map and we'll call it quits...

Nothing exciting on the LAM maps right now.

By the way, if Tuesday's storm doesn't pan out, KNYC will likely finish below normal for February snow, and then the question gets raised, will it finish below normal for the entire winter in terms of snow? That possibility is there.

Archived