amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the gfs failed miserably on the "storm" today and it was showing us getting like .75 qpf for the ice event on monday when every other model was drier and it failed again lol...i really feel bad for those that take that piece of garbage serious

Let us take a moment to have mercy on Boston.      They have had 42" this month and 77" for the season.   The current depth was missing.  (who can find the yardstick!).   The SREF for them looks like a scary 'compliment' to the existing pile.     A low of -7 for Mon. AM to boot.     Our low was pegged to be at -3, or the lowest in 72 years, and 3" of snow to go.

Let us take a moment to have mercy on Boston.      They have had 42" this month and 77" for the season.   The current depth was missing.  (who can find the yardstick!).   The SREF for them looks like a scary 'compliment' to the existing pile.     A low of -7 for Mon. AM to boot.     Our low was pegged to be at -3, or the lowest in 72 years, and 3" of snow to go.

Also 74" since Jan. 24th, if my math is correct.

It's simple. The optimists are rooting for the GEM (which has far more support) and the negativos are rooting for the GFS. It's pretty simple. I'm admittedly a snow lover, so I hope the GEM wins. But I remain dumbfounded as to where people get this GFS is awesome feeling from. It was right (sort of) for the blizzard bust, but was otherwise terrible this season. It's selective memory.

I agree

Don't forget, the GFS wasn't alone with the blizzard, it had most other models on its side. ATM for tomorrow, the GFS is alone. This will be a nice test for the new GFS.

It's hysterical, this forum is saying toss the GFS, it's an outlier, and over in the New England forum they are riding the GFS like sea biscuit. Lol can't make this up?

You don't go all in on a outlier we've learned the hard way following the Nam when all other guidance was much further east during the "blizzard". The same applies here.

Archived