joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the 6 hours differences that this model can print out are hilarious.

Been saying this for years. It's the model most likely to blow a 6 hour forecast. For a short term hi-res model to blow forecasts that close in routinely is crazy (not saying that's the case this time bc it's still far out in time but all you have to do is look back at the blizzard bust as an example), but even more absurd is people actually still talk about it and do a pbp. We have some NWS and NCEP mets on this site that hate hearing it but the NAM is not a good model.

My frustration level is back up because I'm being nitpicked and attacked for missing small details on model PBP's. Anything I say is heavily criticized. Instead of being able to have a discussion about something I have to always go through great lengths to justify my posts. So if I sound like I'm being rude, it is not my intention.

And Allsnow and AG3 can say whatever they want. I give a fair and equal PBP for all areas. Nobody else does that. If it wasn't for me the only forecast you would ever get is for NYC.

to many suffer from snow envy

This subforum takes the silly pbp business far too seriously, and the pbp meisters take themselves far too seriously.

Much offense intended.

Last night I didn't do any PBP for any of the 00z runs, and what happened? Nobody else did either and people were asking for it. You can't have it both ways.

This subforum takes the silly pbp business far too seriously, and the pbp meisters take themselves far too seriously.

Much offense intended.

Things that live north of orange county are mean, I occasionaly get raped by small animals when I go to Hunter mountain.

Jeez, so many greedy bastards in the New England Forum, all I wrote was "let the south trend begin", and they delete it.

What did you expect? You were probably seen as a troll. Be careful, posting outside your own sub-forum is an easy way to get warned, even if your intentions were good.

Yanks you do great PBP's but sometimes, its like you disfavor the coast, and favor more of NNJ/NWNJ. Especially with the monday storm, we never went above 34 F here. I understand that you read the models temp, but you have to also take exprience into some of these storms.

I fully admit that there was a time were I showed more favoritism for certain areas over others, but that ship has long since sailed. I guess the reputation lives. 

I have an IDEA. Why can't we just divide our locations in half. Like NNJ/NWNJ/SNY/NENJ have there own threads on storms, and then NYC,LI,CNJ,and around Belmar Area. Have there own threads. This would not cause as much havoc, and would also make it easier to pinpoint how well your area did on the model run. This would decrease attacking people as well.

Last night I didn't do any PBP for any of the 00z runs, and what happened? Nobody else did either and people were asking for it. You can't have it both ways.

If people are incapable of opening weather.gov or tropicaltidbits.com in their browser, what are the odds that they truly require up-to-the-minute model data...? Honest question.

Things that live north of orange county are mean, I occasionaly get raped by small animals when I go to Hunter mountain.

Good. Hopefully that'll teach you to stay downstate. :thumbsdown:

I have an IDEA. Why can't we just divide our locations in half. Like NNJ/NWNJ/SNY/NENJ have there own threads on storms, and then NYC,LI,CNJ,and around Belmar Area. Have there own threads. This would not cause as much havoc, and would also make it easier to pinpoint how well your area did on the model run. This would decrease attacking people as well.

Heres a better idea. Everyone act like adults.

Archived