12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Storm Disco for Manitoba Mauler 01/26/27

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That band over the interior is insane. Off the charts VVs.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I was looking at the NAM a little more discretely too and that sucker has one mother f'er of a meso band extending NE-SW through NH into N Mass at 50 to 55 hours.  I mean, like 10" of snow in 3 -hours in there...  

I'm wondering with so much uniquely intense UVV's, could there be thunder snow in a powder column? Usually you'd have to be off one's rocker, because thunder in snow is usually a TROWAL presence/thing, or just west of the flip over lines, etc..   But ... you don't usually see cumulonimbi category upward motion, either.  

To some extent the models underestimate the banding...it's mesoscale. The higher res models can sniff it out though.

Another thing is that the QPF can be less, but the ratios are sky high in those bands with deep saturation and strong lift in the max dendritic growth zone. So although the QPF may drop off...the ratios and amounts climb. We won't have the winds that they'll have closer to the center and along the coast so there will be less crystal destruction via BLSN/DRSN too.

I really like where you are for this event.  We are too far NW for that band, but I think you rot for like 12 hours straight of deform snows.  You could quickly and quietly rack it up.

You gotta find a way to put a yardstick that's viewable in your camera image, then make a time lapse loop of this system.  Though I know you don't like footprints in the yard...maybe just javelin a yard stick out into the ground from the driveway?

Not this time sadly. Models have really consolidated the precip shields today taking me from a foot plus on the euro last night to maybe an inch with the 12z models today. That is a pretty common situation in upstate ENY for these storms however. A short half hour drive will get you to the good stuff. I wish I was back home in CT for this one!

See that image that Brian posted. In this storm, the big NW deform band looks to be somewhere in central New England down into western SNE. I could see it arcing from like Dryslot to Dendrite and down into CT.

There probably won't be some jackpot band going from like BML to MPV to GFL in this one.

Wxrisk.com 47 mins · COMMENTS ON 12z ( midday) GFS model run... ITS A BAD JOKE Here we are only 36 hrs From the start event and the new or midday Sunday GFS model now has a TOTALLY different and completely new solution to what's going to happen with a severe nor'easter Monday night into day. The model remains a bad joke when it comes to forecasting East Coast snowstorms. Complicating the problem is that the GFS model is so heavily followed in NWS and by TV meteorologists yet ifthere is this insistance on ignoring its serious inconsistencies.

As I stated in the Blog on the website this is a particular type of Low is refer to as a MILLER B. Without getting too technical this is a type of system which jumps over the mountains and re- develops on the Middle Atlantic Coast. These sorts of weather systems almost invariably always SCREW over Washington, DC Richmond and much of Virginia. So this new solution by the GFS model I simply cannot state. It appears that the classic model bias or tendency of the GFS model is at more here once again. The model again has shifted the LOW further to the east than any other model and as a result it's heavy snow band is this place to the east. The 12z GFS Model only has 10 to 12 inches of snow and New York City and the thing that is going to be correct I have a bridge to sell you. And that places the entire snow forecast wash and DC Baltimore Northern Virginia in jeopardy. Logic tells us that if the entire system a shifted to the east... The significant to heavy snow area should be over the Delmarva NOT over central MD.

I really like where you are for this event. We are too far NW for that band, but I think you rot for like 12 hours straight of deform snows. You could quickly and quietly rack it up.

You gotta find a way to put a yardstick that's viewable in your camera image, then make a time lapse loop of this system. Though I know you don't like footprints in the yard...maybe just javelin a yard stick out into the ground from the driveway?

I have a snow depth sensor that I haven't installed yet. I'm kicking myself for dragging my feet on it.

Just caught up. Took last night off from work because I hadn't gone out on the weekend for awhile.

Noticed many discussing best regions to chase and locate themselves for the storm. I would definitely want to be ORH on east for the wind. I think deform band from hell might form somewhere out west but tough to know where

Also pickles was talking bout chasing deform during the storm.. don't think anyone is going to be going anywhere. Probably a travel ban.

Archived