Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is some sort of php code optimizer component that their hosting company requires... They probably rebooted or switched boxes and needed to update their httpd config to point to the correct installation... But who knows....

Is this what crashed the server this afternoon?  Why weren't we notified of this change?

what happened to the server this afternoon?... why is Zend guard needed?

It is some sort of php code optimizer component that their hosting company requires... They probably rebooted or switched boxes and needed to update their httpd config to point to the correct installation... But who knows....

Something I noticed looking at the h5 on the models today and comparing them to a lot of the analogs being thrown around...the H5 with this storm is digging way further south then a lot of those screw job analogs.  2005 for instance, the h5 tracked across PA.  This time it is digging well south of DC.  There are other ways to get screwed over of course, but I am not as sold this is a done deal that way yet.  18z RGEM seemed to be heading towards something really big when it cut off at 48 hours.  The low was developing down off NC.  The h5 would argue for that IMO.

Something I noticed looking at the h5 on the models today and comparing them to a lot of the analogs being thrown around...the H5 with this storm is digging way further south then a lot of those screw job analogs. 2005 for instance, the h5 tracked across PA. This time it is digging well south of DC. There are other ways to get screwed over of course, but I am not as sold this is a done deal that way yet. 18z RGEM seemed to be heading towards something really big when it cut off at 48 hours. The low was developing down off NC. The h5 would argue for that IMO.

I feel like joining the we are screwed camp but it's not hard to imagine this either. I agree for the most part.

I feel like joining the we are screwed camp but it's not hard to imagine this either. I agree for the most part.

I'm just playing the odds based on past experience. I've been reality slapped too many times for being too optimistic in this kind of setup. There is upside potential just a lot of bad history already written. 

PSU's point is valid. Even between 12-18z on the gfs the vort dug deeper and more neutral. A couple ticks and things change. If 0z digs less with a more pos tilt than 18z then I'll remain quite skeptical. 

I don't think we should over rely on analogs. Every storm is its own animal. We know the risks of this type of storm. Keep in mind that while the low is disorganized it is not complete occlusion like some of these analogs. It does traverse under us.

Point taken

Archived