Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just playing the odds based on past experience. I've been reality slapped too many times for being too optimistic in this kind of setup. There is upside potential just a lot of bad history already written.

PSU's point is valid. Even between 12-18z on the gfs the vort dug deeper and more neutral. A couple ticks and things change. If 0z digs less with a more pos tilt than 18z then I'll remain quite skeptical.

It's definitely possible with how far south its ended up. Just look where the euro wet in 1 run. History makes us doubt anything good.. I'd doubt it if a model shows it or assume it would disappear in the end or something.

Something I noticed looking at the h5 on the models today and comparing them to a lot of the analogs being thrown around...the H5 with this storm is digging way further south then a lot of those screw job analogs.  2005 for instance, the h5 tracked across PA.  This time it is digging well south of DC.  There are other ways to get screwed over of course, but I am not as sold this is a done deal that way yet.  18z RGEM seemed to be heading towards something really big when it cut off at 48 hours.  The low was developing down off NC.  The h5 would argue for that IMO.

exactly what i said earlier.  the dec 2000 event setup was further north in general.  not a lot further north, but noticeable.  onto the 0z gfs i guess.

It's definitely possible with how far south its ended up. Just look where the euro wet in 1 run. History makes us doubt anything good.. I'd doubt it if a model shows it or assume it would disappear in the end or something.

Exactly. I think the real models are just getting use to the idea of a big coastal. It could trend either way at this point.

YES  the LAST  storm   was  mostly  rain in DC  

whicv as we all know is    JUST the exact same as   6" of snow in  DC  or BWI 

Wes never called for 6" in DC, so I'm not sure that this is even a relevant statement.  Wes said we would have a pattern that would give us opportunities at snow, and that's what we are in, he also said even though it's a decent pattern for cold and some snow opportunities we could miss out.  Not sure how any of that is wrong at this point, unless you (DT) totally misunderstood what Wes' was saying.

YES  the LAST  storm   was  mostly  rain in DC  

whicv as we all know is    JUST the exact same as   6" of snow in  DC  or BWI 

Wes never called for 6" in DC, so I'm not sure that this is even a relevant statement.  Wes said we would have a pattern that would give us opportunities at snow, and that's what we are in, he also said even though it's a decent pattern for cold and some snow opportunities we could miss out.  Not sure how any of that is wrong at this point, unless you (DT) totally misunderstood what Wes' was saying.

wow you cant be this  stupid...

the issue was   likelihood of accumulating snow in  either DC or RIC  from Miller B  events

The whole thing has been twisted. Wes said the pattern had normal to above normal chances of snow. It's already snowed once and it's going to snow again. You said the chances were below normal or non existent. Talking specifics was never in the article. Wes' article panned out perfectly. I'm not sure why this is even being debated anymore. 

We ALL know how miller B's go around here. There are no weenie goggles or unrealistic expectations or analysis going on in here. 

wow you cant be this  stupid...

the issue was   likelihood of accumulating snow in  either DC or RIC  from Miller B  events

Go back and read the posts carefully. Then you decide who looks stupid. There is so much more I want to say. But you do have that red tag and all.

GFS is solid for the entire metro.

Also, for those comparing miller Bs, there aren't many analogs for a miller B moving SSE out of Canada south of DCA latitude.  The analogs being used had more of an Eastward transfer of energy across DC, so we shouldn't rely so heavily on miller b history for this situation of a low going from WVA to south of the obx.

then send it to me  in PM.....    just be sure that  you arent the one doing the  twisting

like for example  you comment non the winchester  forecast    it was  1-3 then mixing then another 1-3   it wasnt  REALLY  2 to 6"  and you know that ...

perhaps  you can come up a new charge  Like  the  time  said the winter is over 

Go back and read the posts carefully. Then you decide who looks stupid. There is so much more I want to say. But you do have that red tag and all.

GFS is solid for the entire metro.

Archived